Chapter 6

The week passes in a blur and as I sit on the Eurostar train from Paris to London on Friday night I can't help but feel a pang of sadness than Dan wasn't with me.  I feel guilty the moment the thoughts come into my head,  I wish I could help him, his job was so busy at the moment and he is working well into the night every night and most weekends.  He keeps assuring me that it's temporary until he can prove himself in this new Paris office and I am constantly tell him not to worry and that I understand he is doing it for us. 

I shoot him a quick *I love you* text to make sure he knows I'm thinking of him as my thoughts drift to my weekend ahead.

I met some of Harry's friends a couple of months ago at his place when Dan and I were in London for a friends wedding.  To be completely honest, I expected them to be pretentious twats that cared more about being seen with the right people at the right places than having any genuine friendships, but I was completely wrong.  

Frankie, is a model-esque fashion designer with blond messy hair that looks like she doesn't have to do much more than roll out of bed to look as good as she does.  She's known Harry for years and is one of those people that is achingly cool in an offbeat way without even slightly trying.  I was drawn to her goofy personality and the way she really didn't care what people thought as she danced like a dork, her long limbs flying around Harry's living room as Dan and I laughed and sang along with her.

We bonded instantly as she wrapped her delicate arms around my neck and screamed "I'm so glad to finally meet you! He wont shut up about you!"  to which quickly looked at Harry to find his cheeks glowing a nice shade of pink. 

I gave him a raised eyebrow and he shook his head, swirling his finger in the air around his temple in jest and silently mouthing "she's crazy" behind her back.  She turned to catch him and playfully swat his arm down as he proceeded to grab her in a head lock and mess up her hair even more.  

Frankie's best friend, Xander was equally as welcoming, his strong Manchester accent making his quick wit and dirty humour even funnier.  Xander is a well known DJ in the London club scene and seems to know everyone in the city while his boyfriend Will is much quieter but equally as funny, often rolling his eyes at his lovers exaggerated story telling.  Will is an artist that Xander insists will be recognised for how talented he really is "as soon as the art world gets their heads out of their arse's."

Before I know it, I've arrived in London and walking up the steps to my sister's apartment. 

"Hey!" My sister greets me as she opens the door. 

"Hi Bec!" I say wrapping my arms around her. 

My sister Rebecca is like a bolder, funner, more adventurous version of me.  She is naturally beautiful, with the same dark hair as me and tiny freckles that cover her nose.  Her innocent looks a complete contradiction to the fact she swears like a sailor, parties like a college student and yet still manages to get up every day and make a green smoothie and take a pilates class.  Everything seems to come easy to her and when it doesn't, it doesn't phase her. 

We have always been incredibly close, being only 14 months apart in age and I have always looked up to my older sister.  

Her reaction on Skype when I told her I had met and subsequently become friends with Harry was one of the funniest conversations I've had.  It was a rollercoaster of screaming, constant profanities, her asking if she can get concert tickets, her wanting me to set her up on a date and then coming full circle and asking me if I was having a quarter life crisis and imagining I was friends with famous people. 

She had agreed to come to Harry's party with me tonight quicker than she could take her next breath. 

"So, what does Old Danny Boy think about you being friends with the most fuckable man on the planet", Bec blurts out before I've even had a chance to drop my bags in her guest bedroom. 

"Jesus Bec, language!" I say, knowing full well I swear almost as much as my sister.  "And he's fine with it, trust me it's not like that between Harry and I. You know how much I love Dan."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah."  Bec says rolling her eyes, even though she's smiling I know Dan's not her favourite person.  They get along fine but I know she thinks he's too rigid, his future too planned out and thinks I need someone more fun to "mellow me out".

"Anyway, he agreed to the place in Tuscany so now we can start planning!" I say excitedly, even though we haven't set a date yet I had already asked Bec to be my maid of honour months ago.

She lets out an ear piercing squeal and runs into the kitchen to retrieve a bottle of champagne and two glasses.  "This is going to be so fun!" She squeals again.