Chapter 40

OLIVIA'S POV

"You have to get it, just so we can laugh at his face when he sees you in it!" Bec giggles as we stand together in a fitting room.

"It's a little..revealing don't you think?" I ask as I adjust the strap of the red and white bikini top.

"Yes, exactly, it's perfect!"

"Bec, even if he momentarily forgets that he is used to seeing the actual models of this brand in real life, it doesn't matter what he thinks of me in it. We can't act on it."

"Oh, but how fun will it be watching him squirm!  We all have a bet going to see how many times a day he has to urgently go 'back to his room'." She squeals as I smack her arm.

I pay for my overpriced tiny pieces of fabric and hug Bec goodbye before deciding to keep shopping for a few more things for our trip to Greece in a couple of weeks.

I'm buying Harry the coconut sunscreen he said he likes the smell of when something stops me dead in my tracks.

A poster for this weeks issue of The Empire magazine hangs in the window of the local newsstand. An old photo of Kristie and Harry when they were leaving Harry's show is on the front with the headline:

Rekindled Flame: 

Harry Styles leans on Kristie Simms for support away from jealous girlfriend.

I run and buy a copy, immediately flicking to the story and reading the rubbish they have concocted this time. 

My head is a mess with conflicting ideas. I know deep down there is no way anyone in that room the other night would have said anything. They love Harry too much and their reactions to his health and recovery are far too genuine to be an act, but this doesn't make sense.

Harry is in the studio all weekend and the last thing I want to do is give him negative and potentially dangerous thoughts but he will see this sooner or later and I need to be the one to tell him first.

I call him but it goes to voice mail and I leave a casual message telling him it's nothing important and to call me back whenever he gets a spare moment.

I call one of Harry's drivers to pick me up and as I slide into the back seat, I look down at my phone to see him calling.

"Hey Liv, what's happened?"

"What? Nothing Harry, I just-"

"I could tell from the voice message you were lying Olivia so just tell me." He interrupts and my jaw drops open in shock.

"Umm, well there's something I need to show you, can I meet you somewhere. It'll only take 10 minutes."

"I'm at the studio, come here if you want and I'll take a break. I'll text you the address. See you soon."

I show the driver the address and try to think back through all the tabloid stories written about Harry in the past few months. All of a sudden I have a crazy thought that might not be that crazy compared to the bizarre celebrity world I'm dealing with.

I jump out of the car as it pulls up and I reach for the heavy glass door before I feel a firm hand on my shoulder.

"Miss, do you have access authority?" The guard I didn't see, asks me.

"Oh, no, I'm just running in to see my friend." I tell him.

"I'm sorry miss, I can't let you in."

I sigh and message Harry asking him to come and get me and no less than a minute later I see him walking towards the entrance.  He looks gorgeous as usual, in his black jeans and a vintage t-shirt, his tan suede boots are well worn and his hair is messy from pulling headphones on and off all day.

He gives the guard a thumbs up and he waves me through.

"Hi love, everything ok? I don't have much time."

I look around to check we are alone before I pull the magazine out of my shopping bag and hand it to Harry.

The moment I do it I wish I had of forewarned him because the look of devastation on his face tears my heart apart.  He runs his hand through his hair and tugs on it as he starts to pace.

"Wait, Harry stop." I put my hand on his chest in an attempt to calm him and take the magazine from his hand.

His disappointed face makes me want to take it in my hands and kiss him all over.

"I don't think this is our friends,  everyone that night thought you were joking." I remind him.

"What about Nathan?"

"I thought about that, but I doubt this is coming from him, all the other stories about the facility or the girls he had no idea about."

"Alright?" He urges me on.

"I was thinking about all the stories that have been written lately and they knew all the details of the centre and program you did, right?" He nods pulling his brow in, not understanding where I am going with this.

"Well, the only people who knew about that was Xander, Will and I,  we had agreed that morning to not even tell the others all the details, that if you wanted them to know you would tell them yourself."

He takes a deep breath in and I can see the misery flash across his face.

"Harry, I won't even for a second entertain the idea that this was either of them. They sat up all night just to watch you breathe, they didn't do this." I say firmly.

"You're right," He tugs his hair again, "You're so right. So who is it?"

"I know this is going to sound crazy," I say taking a deep breath in, "but maybe the house is bugged?"

He snorts out a laugh before he realises I'm serious.

"Liv! This is isn't James Bond, who would do that! And you know no one comes into our house and when they do we are always with them!"

"Harry, I know it sounds stupid but apart from one of the people closest to you betraying you, this is the only explanation I have."

He squeezes him bottom lip between his finger and thumb and contemplates the possibility.

"I'm going home to look for anything suspicious," I grin. "Don't say anything about this in the house!" I add planting a kiss on his cheek as I see a tall lanky man with longer hair than Harry's walking towards us.

I shove the magazine back into my bag as I give him a friendly smile and he places a hand on Harry's back.

"Hey mate, we need you back in there." The man says softly.

"You must be Olivia?" I frown and I wonder if he has been reading the gossip as well.

"Yes, hi, how'd you guess?" I say as sweetly as possible.

"Well, when you've been producing records as long as I have it's not hard to pick out a muse." He shrugs and pats a cringing Harry on the back again. "Ready to get back to it?"

Harry nods and tells me he will see me at home and I decide to ignore whatever it was what the guy was talking about.

A/N: btw one of my fav gifs ever! urgh <3