Part 34

"So, little miss, when did you order my wristbands?" I asked her, grabbing her hand and holding it in mine.

"Just a few days ago. I got the last one by the way, so you might wanna make more and sell them or something. Your supporters are gonna want some." she concludes.

I rest our hands on the middle part of the car, and I continue to drive to the hospital to visit her mother. Now it's been a few months, and we're happy she's still here. Mary relaxes in the seat beside me, reclining the cushion back and pulling my hand closer to her so she's now cuddling with my arm. 

"Princess, I need my arm to drive," I informed her.

"But I'm tired," she said staring up at me with her cute puppy dog eyes.

"Princess," I insisted, "Give me my arm."

"Fine..." she sadly whispered, putting my arm back where it was.

"Hey, I didn't say you couldn't have my hand." I smiled at her.

Mary smiled back at me and grabbed my hand in hers, lying back in her seat and falling asleep. There isn't long of a drive before we arrive at the hospital her mom is staying at, so I tell her there's no point in falling asleep since we'll be there in less than 10 minutes. Shrugging her shoulders, she turns her head away from the sun in the window, and hides her face between my hand and the seat she's sitting in. We got to the medical center and she opened her eyes slightly, letting her eyes adjust to the sunlight. Somehow she woke up, I didn't shake her awake or anything. 

Mary's pov

I was dreaming. I was dreaming about something. I was dreaming about Nathan. It was... weird. It was scary. He was in my attic. I didn't know he was in my attic, I had been looking for him. I was looking for him until I got a call from somebody. It was a call from Nathan. I smiled, thankfully that he called me because I wanted to know where he was. But at once, my smile vanished. The sight killed my eyes, and killed me. I began to cry when I saw Nathan tied up with rope in my attic, and there was a man there. I didn't have a clue who he was, but he was there. I never once saw him in my life. Nathan probably knew him from somewhere. The camera turned to the man, and he said something along the lines of "Come save your boy if you want him." He put the phone down on a table, and grabbed something flimsy. Something black, too fat to be a whip. It had metal at the end of it... a belt. 

"NO!" I screamed at him. 

The unknown man began hitting Nathan with the belt, then he threw it across the room and slapped Nathan across the face. Nathan whimpered when he got slapped, but not when he was hit with the belt. It was less painful because it was on his legs which were covered with thick blue jeans. His face was exposed, though. We'll call the man Stranger, because I don't know who he is. Stranger walked over to the phone, picked it up, and walked to Nathan with it. Nathan then said something with his weak voice.

"Don't... come... after... me... run." he mumbled with pauses between each word.

The phone hung up and I heard a loud noise coming from upstairs. 

The attic, I thought. 

I ran to my closet and hid inside a box, somehow acknowledging the fact that he was coming after me, next. When Stranger got to my room, he opened the box I was hiding in, and I started throwing rocks at him. I don't know at all where I got the rocks. I threw the rocks at him, and then I pulled a huge boulder out of my lap and chucked it at him. Stranger fell to the floor, and when I looked at him he was unconscious, but I didn't hit him hard enough so I knew he wouldn't be knocked out for long. My legs took me as fast up the steps as they possibly could go. Nathan was now only a story above me, and I pulled the string to the door to the attic. The stairs fell, layer by layer, until they reached the floor.

Climbing up the steps that would lead me to a beat up boyfriend, I cried more and more. More than what I was before. Tears poured out of my eyes, 3 by 3. Not 1 by 1, but 3 by 3. I wasn't nearly prepared for what I was about to witness. Lying in front of me was Nathan, slumped over a rope that tied him to a wooden pole. I rushed over to him, as fast as a race car going 400 mph, and untied him. He fell forward, weak from being hurt. Weak from fighting. Weak from being fought. I lifted him back up, and hugged him, throwing my arms around his waist. He pulled his head back slowly, and kissed me as hard as he could. The cops showed up at my house after the kiss, and we were back to hugging. 

Then I woke up.

I woke up because I wanted to get away from the horrific nightmare I just had. I hated it, but I loved it because it actually showed me that I love Nathan more than almost anybody in this world. But I hated it because it hurt me to see him like that. Hurt. Damaged. Weak. Unable to do anything for himself, because of what one person did to him.