Part 7

4 PM

My couch was like my home at this time of day. Just sitting here and eating potato chips was what I was known for at 4 o'clock. This is because it's what time my favorite show was on. Well, favorite game show. It was called Family Feud. Every single day, I sat on this couch waiting for the question so I could answer it. I always got at least one of the questions correct when I guessed it. Usually I would get them all, but would miss some every once in a while.

Nathan walked into the TV room and had a seat right beside me. I kept my eye on the TV screen, and then yelled the answer. The question was "What get's hard when cold." Screaming over and over again "BREAD! THE ANSWER IS BREAD YOU IDIOTS AND YOU KNOW IT!" Nathan looked at me like I was some sort of psycho, which I guess I really did look like one in this situation.

"You seem to be really into this show." Nathan observed. "Is she always like this?" he asked when my mom walked into the room.

"Yes, she will not stop watching this show if you offered her favorite food," she began, then whispered in Nathan's ear, "watermelon."

He looked at me once again, and then started to rub my back. I loved this. What was he doing, did he usually do this with his regular friends? Did he softly rub Loren's back like he's rubbing mine? Did he ever even cuddle up to her? Was he just doing this because he knows I like him, or because he secretly likes me back? I couldn't tell, and part of me didn't even want to know.

6 PM

Nathan went home sometime while I was watching my show. The last thing I heard him say was, "Hey I gotta go, I forgot that I made plans with everyone to the movies last week. I'll ask to invite you if you wanna go?" but I said no. I wished I didn't. Almost immediately after he left, my show ended and Nathan had already been in town. Don't you ever wish you could go back in time and do something differently? I do that a lot.

About an hour later, I was in the bathroom. When I came back to my room and got on my phone, I noticed that Nathan called me about 2 times, and messaged me probably 7 times. Soon, after I read his messages that said "Heyyy." and "Answer me girlie." I answered him. I started typing the words "What's up." and then sent the message.

Nathan: I was just really bored and needed somebody to talk to. Everyone else is busy doing something.

Me: Alright. Hi.

Nathan: Wanna meet me at the park in 5 minutes?

Me: Nathan I don't even have proper clothes on. I have a pajama shorts and a t-shirt.

Nathan: So what. You can wear a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt and I'll wear the same thing. It's only for like, an hour.

Me: Alright fine. I might be a little late though, the park is like 15 minutes away from my house.

Nathan: Ok, I'll just pick you up then. I'm leaving now.

Me: Well I'm sitting on my porch so I'm ready.

I waited for a few minutes, before Nathan finally showed up outside of my house. I walked down the steps, and opened the door. His car smelled fresh, and he did as he said. He was wearing sweatpants and a t-shirt, just like I was.

We soon arrived at the park, and Nathan pulled into the parking lot and shut the car off. He got out of the car, as did I, and we walked together to the swings. Nathan sat on the highest swing, and I sat on the second highest, right next to him. This was a good day. Waking up with Nathan right beside me, holding me, him staying at my house all day with me, and now us going to the park, swinging right beside each other, it just made me want to hug him so tight forever.

So I did.

I stood up, walked over to him, and told him to stand up. He did as I told him, and I wrapped my arms around his shoulders. He hugged me back, and we stood there for at least 5 minutes before I whispered in his ear.

"Thank you. So much. For being here with me for 3 or 4 days and supporting me more than anybody ever has."

He pulled away then looked me in the eyes. "Thank you for being someone I can talk to. Thank you for letting me be someone I feel like I can't be around anybody else. Thank you for not judging me for anything that I have ever done. Thank you."

We stood there more, looking at each other in the eyes. Then he leaned in again, and we hugged for another 5 minutes.

All I wanted then was to take his hands in my face and kiss him all over. All I wanted was for him to kiss me back. All I ever wanted was to be with him. That wasn't going to happen, and I still just hugged him. We let go, and played on the park some more. We had wars on who would fall off the monkey bars sooner, and who could climb to the top of the jungle gym, and who would jump the farthest off the swings. When it was 8, I stayed at his place. Not long after we got there, we fell asleep with each other, him holding me again.