Chapter 26(The End)

Gerard pov

As I walked down the side walk leading to our school, I felt a strange sense of deja vu but as I looked around, my life had so many differences. Franks warm fingers interlocked with mine as my brother and his probably future boyfriend walked a few steps behind us. I've never been so surrounded by people I love. The day I truly met Frank was a dark day. We were both so alone and hurting in our own ways. I would have never thought that it would have ended up like this. All the pain and confusion was worth it as I look over at my boyfriends smiling lips.

"I know what you're thinking," he looked up at me, eyes bright as the sun beamed onto us, "I feel the same."

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah. For the fist time ever on this sidewalk, I feel at peace."

"I'm in love with you." It spilled from my lips because it felt right.
He snorted at my sudden proclamation, leaning on my shoulder as he laughed that distinct Frank laugh.

"I know, Gee." He chuckled happily, bending over slightly to catch his breath.

"I'm serious, you know?" I looked down at him, forcing our eyes to meet. All suddenness aside, I mean it.

"You know I love you too." His tone held a hint of playful banter as if his feelings should be obvious by now. Blatantly obvious or not, it still needs to be said.

I smiled then, basking in the butterflies that rush into my stomach every time I'm with Frank Iero. Sometimes I wonder where I would be if I never found him that day. Probably dead in a ditch somewhere from a drug deal turned sour... it'd be what I deserved though. I wasn't stupid, I knew the risk of what I was doing, but I did it anyway.

Though all irony aside, If I never started my drug addiction, I would've had no reason to go to the school on a day off. No reason to be staring up at the sky, searching for a purpose instead to replace losing myself in a drug induced coma. I never would've saw him, the light of my life would have ended himself and I  never would've known. And If I had overdosed like I originally planned, then maybe we would've found peace with each other in death... or maybe not. Is a bit narcissistic to believe our love transcends death itself, but even so, I believe Frank to be pure, he is the one thing that keeps me grounded to this life and I'm thankful for that.

Due to my wondering thoughts, I hadn't realized we reached our destination until I felt Frank stiffen significantly.
"You sure you wanna do this?" I asked, concern flooding in as I saw him hesitate.

"I need to face this... and so do you."

"But-"

"I wanna leave this place behind. I don't want my mind to be trapped up on that roof for the rest of my life. I'm done! It's already taken so much from us." He had a point.

"You don't have to do this." Mikey murmured from behind us. I don't think he wants to do this... he still has issues with that night. I mean it was literally a crime scene at one point and we lost our friend... his boyfriend.
Frank's reasons for confronting this is more so for the fact that he almost lost his life too. Unlike Frank, not everybody is lucky enough to take the staircase back down to safety.

"He's right, you know." Pete piped in, resting a sturdy hand on Miley's shoulder. Pete sympathies with Mikey on this one, and I want to as well, but Frank needs this.... and even though I'm nervous, I need this too.
I see a future with Frank, and I don't want that ruined by the past.

"No, I think we all left something up there." Frank stated, his mind made up. "My fear resides there, my despair, that fall was meant to claim my life... and I almost let it. In many ways it did claim it that day. I spent so long being miserable after that, even though I had so many good things."