Chapter 13

Frank pov

The light from what seemed like a thousand suns shined through the window. I awoke unpleasantly and lifted my head up. I felt drool on my pillow and cheek and cringed. I wiped my face with the back of my hand.

"You're adorable." I hear Gerard chuckle.

"Mhm. Fuck off." I replied still half asleep. I don't want to wake up. I was basking in the feeling of sleep. I felt deprived of the simple action. Though, now I feel as f I was just awoken from death. It's hard to explain.

"How'd you sleep? Well, I assume?" He asked in a light tone. Gerard was certainly happy today.

"Well I don't remember anything specific, so yeah. I'm still kinda tired though." I grumbled, struggling to recall what was going through my head during my slumber. It feels weird not to remember my dreams. I can't continue my journal. I always assumed when I was on my medication it would replace the negative thoughts with pleasant ones, not that I would be completely unprivileged to any imaginative brain activity.

"So You're feeling better. Dr. Armstrong finally did something right." He muttered the last part more to himself. Gerard still dislikes that man. I can't decide if it's distaste or distrust he feels; maybe both. Ever since Ray, Gerard feels the need to show his aversion towards him.

"Yeah I guess." I sighed sitting up. My arms and shoulder blades ached with every movement and my face contorted with slight pain and discomfort.

"You must've slept weird." Gerard hypothesized as observed me.

"Yeah." I grunted massaging my neck.
"We were cuddling for most of the night before you kicked me in your sleep." Gerard grabbed some pill bottles  and water from the dresser before sitting back down on the edge of the bed.

"Shit, I'm sorry." I laughed

"I survived." He shrugged, smiling softly. I dragged myself up and lifted my head. I puckered my lips, silently asking for a kiss. Gerard bent down and pressed a chaste kiss to my lips then refocused on getting our meds for the day. "He also prescribed the antidepressant Zyban. Here." He handed me the transparent yellow orange pill container portraying small oddly pink colored circular shaped pills.

I took it and reached over to set it on the night stand.

"Come on." He said grabbing my arm and pulling me up from the warm cocoon that was our bed sheets.

"Gerard." I groaned. My muscles burning,

"You won't feel better until you stretch." He argued.

"Fuck you." I bent down to grab a shirt off the floor and pulled it over my head. I feel like I went to the gym and lifted for the first time. I've never been so sore.

I followed Gerard out into the hallway, and I had an urge to knock on Mikey's door, but I didn't. I feel like I can't.

"Oh my mom forgot to tell you. You have a session with Dr. Williams at one o'clock." Gerard states to begin a casual morning conversation.

We entered the cream colored kitchen, and I watched him begin to brew some coffee.

"That's in two fucking hours." I complained running a hand through my tangled hair and leaning against the cold counter.

"So? My session is right after yours then Mikey so it's important we don't cancel."

"Why do we even need her. We tell each other everything." I debate. Gerard stopped for a moment. Noticing his hesitation spoke up. "R-right?" I asked in a small.