XXIII.

Previously:

I've found Keith again. That's the only thing that mattered. We talked, kissed a couple of times before Shiro intervened and interrupted us.

~

I woke up early, before Allura. I had this feeling of nostalgia inside my heart when I observed the walls of the Castle. I had so many memories here with everyone.

I remember when the first time Allura met us, she mastered Lance when he tried to flirt with her. There was also the time when Pidge had this discussion about her brother and when Hunk cooked us delicious meals. I remember when I wore Allura's dress and became aware in a way of my feeling for Keith, because I only wanted him to say that I looked good and he did. I remember when Shiro, Lance and I were captured by Sendack and more or less tortured. When my brother's memory came back and we discovered the Blade of Marmora. There were times of fun, when we had snowballs battle in space, when we celebrated Lance's birthday.
I couldn't help but smile at the memories we had made in our new home, though it was difficult from time to time.

I went to the training room and decided to train a bit before having a discussion with everyone.

Keith POV

Shiro didn't beat me or anything last night. He basically taught me how and when we can do it with the one we love and so he explained that we should take our time and that he was happy that Y/N and I were finally together, but that it was out of question that we share more than a kiss (at least for now).

In the morning, I left Shiro's room, and wandered inside the Castle. Passing in front of the training room, I saw something that I didn't see for a long time. I just stood against the wall, looking at her training against the gladiators. Despite the time she was off, she was still a good fighter. Her moves were quick and precise and flawless. The scars on her body must have been from someone stronger than her, but I can't even imagine someone stronger than her in a one-on-one fight.

Focused on her environment, she cut the gladiators who were in front of her and on her left, and so the third one was at her back but seeing the way she had placed her feet, it would have been easy for her to turn around and killed it when she looked in the corner of her right eyes. Yet, even though she faced the right way she didn't move as if she didn't see the gladiator. I was about to tell her, but in the very last seconds, she turned left to pivote her leg in order to have enough power to do a high kick. Despite the fact she won, I couldn't shake the feeling that something was wrong. She didn't make useless movements nor did she make mistakes, so why didn't she killed it when she could?

Y/N POV

I took the towel to wipe my sweat away. Little noises that I recognized being footsteps that belonged to a certain person, grew louder and louder.

"I didn't know you liked to observe, though I guess you didn't want to be beaten again," I smirked at Keith.
"And when was it that you beat me, because I don't recall it at all," he challenged me, growing dangerously closer to me.
"All the time, space boy. I can show you right now if you want," I answered playfully.
"Oh yeah," he asked, raising his eyebrows.
"Oh yeah."

It was like a secret and intimate dance that we knew too well between us. We knew our weaknesses and our movements from heart. Yet, it was challenging because we became much stronger and our strategies changed through these months. Unfortunately, the outcome never change because in the end I always dominate the dance and my partner.