IX.

Previously:

Keith and I argued together pretty bad because he thinks I'm too weak. We discovered an hidden Galra base. We infiltrated it and found out that they had two things: Quintessence and Allura.

~

As soon as we arrived in the castle, we immediatly try to plan a way to get Allura back.

" Pidge", said Shiro, scan the download from the ship." Find out where Zarkon's central command is."
" On it", she replied.
"What happened", asked Coran. "Where's Allura?"
"They captured her", answered Shiro. "She sacrified herself to save me and the information. I didn't have a choice."
"How is that possible", said Coran extremely worried.
"Coran, I'm sorry things didn't go as planned, but we can't focus on what went wrong," answered my brother. "We've got to figure out how to make it right. Pidge, anything?"
"Guys, look at this", she said as she send her information on a bigger screen.
"Look at the size of it," commented Coran as she showed us Zarkon's ship.
"I think we should go in right away," said Pidge. "Every minute we waste gives Zarkon time to prepare for us."
"I agree," added Lance. "We form Voltron, fly in, fly out, dust off our hand, and fly away."
"Um, do you guys not remember the Balmera", said Hunk. "We could barely take out one fleet. But this... a base this size could hold a thousand fleets!"
"Or", said Keith, "maybe we shouldn't go on this mission at all. Think about it. We'll be delivering the Universe's only hope to the Universe's biggest enemy."
"Keith, that's cold even for you," said Hunk. "What if it was one of us? What if it was me? You wouldn't leave me, would you? Would you?"
"I'm not saying I like the idea," he replied. "I'm just thinking like a paladin."
"No," shouted Lance, "you're thinking of yourself because you're too scared to do what's right!"
"Okay, we're all upset because we lost Allura," commented Pidge.
"No," yelled Coran, "Shiro lost Allura."
"Okay, Okay," yelled Hunk. "This isn't helping! We can't just sit here and bicker like this!"
"Let's focus," said Shiro. "How are we going to get Allura? Anything," asked Shiro to Lance.
"They're just no way in," answered Lance. "They'll have us tracked from every direction." 
"There's got to be something," said Shiro. "Keep looking. I know you are worried about her, "explained Shiro to Coran. "We all are. I'm sorry I let her slip away. "
"I know it's not your fault," replied Coran. "It's just... I've already lost so much. I can't lose Allura too. "
"We'll find a way to get her back," conforted Shiro. "If there was just a way to get close to Zarkon's ship unsee..."
"I've got a way to get close," I interrupted.

***

"Everyone, eyes front," ordered Shiro. "We've got a plan to get Allura. We're going to jump to the heart of the enemy, unseen and undetected." 
"I tought we needed Allura to open a wormhole," said Pidge.
"It's true that Allura powers the Castle's ability to travel through wormholes," explained Coran. "However, I think we have enough of her residual essence stored in the system to make one jump."
"We'll hide the Castle here, inside of one of these giant gas planets in Zarkon's command system," I developped. "The gas is so dense, we'll be hidden."
"From there, we'll use the Castle to scan for Allura on Zarkon's ship and attack before Zarkon know what hit him," added Shiro.
"There's only one hiccup," informed Coran. "We have enough energy to wormhole in, but, without Allura, we won't have enough energy to wormhole out."
"It doesn't matter", replied Shiro. "We're not leaving without her."

***
"We're here," informed Shiro as we entered in one of these gas planet.
"I'm detecting Allura's energy signature," said Coran. "From this distance the signal's pretty weak, but she's somewhere in Zarkon's main ship. "
"Gives us a starting point," asked Keith.
"Once we get closer, we'll be able to narrow down the location where the Princess is being held," Coran replied.
"Olay, guys, this is it," said Shiro. "Voltron is going to come in fast and without warning. We'll smash our way into Zarkon's ship and grab the Princess. Before they know what hit them, we'll have the Princess and be on our way."