XVII.

Previously:

Keith was angry all the time. We went to the Blade of Marmora's headquarter to meet Kolivan, their leader. Keith was found with a Galra knife on him, who belonged to the Blade of Marmora. The blade awoken to Keith but Kolivan taught us that only those who have galra blood can awoken the blade. Eventually, Kolivan accepted to help us and join us to the castle.

~

"What? What I'd miss," yelled Hunk, waking up.
"Oh, nothing important. We've just figured out a way to defeat Zarkon," informed Lance.
"Really? I dozed for ten minutes, and you guys, figured out how to defeat the forces of evil," asked Hunk.
"You've been asleep for three hours," commented Pidge.
"I think we've got something here," confirmed Shiro. "It's dangerous, and there is a lot of moving parts, but if we can coordinate everything just right then-"
"Zarkon's reign will be at an end, and the savagery that's poisoned our Universe can finally be cleansed," completed Kolivan. "You've done it, Shiro."
"We did it together," replied my brother.
"As long as we all stick to the plan, it should work," warned Allura.
"It will work. Perhaps, then, you'll learn that not all Galra are as bad as Zarkon," said Kolivan.
"I hope not," whispered Allura when she looked at Keith.
"Ulaz was right to trust you all," confessed Antok.
"He sacrificed everything to bring us together," I admitted. "Let's honor him by taking down Zarkon."
"So, what's the plan," asked Hunk.
"The plan is amazing! First, we infect Zarkon's ship with a virus. Then, we make an extra-large wormhole and lure Zarkon inside of it, zapping him a bajillion light-years away. Then, when he pops out on the other side, all like 'Oh, why doesn't my ship work?' Voltron kicks his butt! Pew-pew-pew! Wom-wom-wom! Hi-yah! 'I'll form the head' that's what you say Shiro. Yeah, yeah! We won for all time," explained Lance over excited.
"Whoa. So this is it," commented Hunk.
"I guess the only question is, when do we strike," said Pidge.
"As soon as we build a Teludav big enough to wormhole Zarkon's ship," informed Coran.
"Oh, man. The Teludav again? Does that mean we need more scaultrites," complained Hunk.
"That's one of the many things we'll need," added Allura.
"Am I sensing a trip to the Space Mall here," smiled Hunk.
"I'm afraid not," intervened Coran. "This is gonna take more scaultrite than we can find in any Unilu shop. For this plan to suceed, we're gonna need to split up. We all have a task to do. Keith, Hunk, you will be in charge of getting the scaultrite. If any of us fails, the entire plan fails."

***

"Y/N," said Kolivan when nobody was around.
"Yes?"
"Take this."
"A bracelet? What is it for?"
"You're different from them. You are no paladin. You are a soldier, I saw it by your skills. And those skills would be a waste if you stay here."
"What are you saying?"
"When the time come, when you decided to be useful and actually fight then press your thumbs on the flat surface of the bracelet. It will transport you to us. You are a good fighter, that's why you would be more useful in ground battle so I'm offering you a place in the Blade of Marmora."
"A place? You are saying that I should join you?"
"Not right now. But I know when the time come, you will join us. Then, we will take our leave," said Kolivan, before disappearing with Antok.

***

Hunk cried with Pidge before going in his Lion. My brother hugged Keith. I didn't know what to do unlike my brother so I just wait aside with everyone. Eventually, Keith looked my way and I found myself mouthing 'Be careful' to him before averted my eyes.

"So, how about a kiss for good luck," grinned Lance to Allura.

The only thing Lance kissed was the little mouse. Shiro, Pidge and Lance left with Blue and Coran left too in a pod. My mission was to help and protect Allura to collect the crystal from the Balmera.