XXI.

Previously:

"Black, I want to ask you something."

~

Keith POV

I woke up, determined to tell her what happened that night and by the same time tell her about my feelings. That's what I told myself, but I was really nervous. With that night I knew she loved me, but does she still love me? I'm scared to ruin our relationship but I have to take some risks or else I'll regret it in the future.

I stood up, took a cold shower to be really awake. I looked in the mirror and I thought I'll never saw me in this state. I was blushing at the thought of telling her my feelings. Surely, she changed me.

I walked to her room but hesitated for about 10 minutes because my heart was beating too fast that I was scared it will explode.

"What are you doing, Mullet? Are you stalking Y/N or what," asked Lance.
"What? No. I... I have something to discuss... with her."
"Good luck then."
"Why are you wishing me good luck?"
"Seeing you walking around her door for 10 minutes and the blush on your face, it tells me that you're going to confess. So good luck, mullet," said Lance before walking off. "Ah! You'd better make her happy, or I'll take her away."
"I will," I answered.

I knocked at her door multiple times but she never answered so I entered her room to find it was empty. Her bed was made so she was awake. She might be training. I went to the training deck but again no sign of her. I joined the others in the kitchen to ask if she was here or if someone had seen her. But they didn't. I checked the Lion's deck and the pool. She wasn't in any of this place. Then, Allura called us in the control room.

"What is it, Allura," asked Lance.
"I hope it's important. After all, we're missing breakfast," added Hunk.
"It is, unfortunatly," answered Allura a bit off.
"What do you mean," asked Pidge.
"Is there a connection with Y/N," I confessed.

By the fact she looked at me with a pained face when I asked, I understood that something happened to Y/N.

"We found this," said Coran.

The screen showed us a video in which Y/N appeared.

"I don't know how to explain it. I'll try to be quick and efficient. I was here with you on this adventure from the very beginning, but not by choice. I came along because after finally finding my brother who were safe, the fate brought him and you in this fight to save the Universe. But I'm not part of that, I'm not a paladin and I can't fight with you. Hence, my brother's disappearance I have nothing left and so I have no more obligations to stay here. Therefore, I've made a decision. I'm leaving this Castle. I won't tell you how, where and it is of no use to search for any information of my whereabout. I've decided to leave and even if you find me, I won't come back. This part of the adventure is over for me. I hope that you'll remain safe and strong. I had good moments and bad ones here. I won't forget them, or you.

Paladins, Allura, Coran,

Goodbye."

I couldn't believe it, no one could. We were astonished by her video. She disappeared.

"Is that a joke," chuckled nervously Hunk.
"Of course it's a joke, Hunk. It's sooooo funny to play hide-and-seek when she was still mourning Shiro yesterday," sarcastically answered Pidge.
"I... can't believe it. She... left," added Lance.

That night, she said she had took her decision, that she moved on. That night, she already knew she will leave us. And I didn't see it. I could have prevent it.