The Child Of Prophecy

Naruto's POV

"Why have you asked to see me, Great Toad?" Naruto asked after bowing politely in front of the old toad which was a bit bigger than Gamabunta. Speaking of which, Bunta, Hiro, Ken, and Gamakichi were standing just a few steps behind him, aligned all around the center of the hall while the Leaf shinobi including a stabilized Sai were sitting right next to the blond. Shima and Fukasaku stood at Gamamaru's sides at their respective places, their faces stern.
"I have received another vision, Naruto." The old toad, Gamamaru, croaked slowly as he stirred his arms on the armrests of the throne he was laying on.

He was pinkish-brown in colour, with a white belly and very wrinkled skin. Given his almost a thousand years of age, he was squinting. He had a professor's hat with tassels on his head and an orb on top of it. Gamamaru was also wearing a necklace with the symbol '油'on it, which represented Mount Myoboku's Nature Energy-rich oil. He was definitely one respectful geezer.
Naruto's ocean-blue eyes narrowed as soon as those words had left the toad's mouth.
"I hope this one isn't going to be as hard as the first." He folded his arms on his chest. He could feel Sasuke's and Sakura's curious gazes on him.

"You have fulfilled the first prophecy, young man, by uniting the Tailed Beasts and saving the world from Kaguya Otsutsuki's wrath. But I am afraid you shall have to do something similar." Gamamaru frowned softly.
"Prophecies?" A whisper came out of the kunoichi's lips.
"I'm sure Naruto will explain later." Kakashi placed a hand on her shoulder reassuringly.
"I don't like the way this sounds, kit." Kurama muttered, a sour look on his face.
"Neither do I. If this turns out to be another war, than count me out." Shukaku shuddered upon relieving some bad memories from the time when Kaguya was walking amongst them.
"We're all bound to Naruto. We wouldn't be able to ditch him like that even if we wanted to, idiot." Gyuki rolled his eyes as he huddled closer to the other Tailed Beasts. Kurama nodded his head absentmindedly.

"It's your call, Naruto. What do you want to do?" The fox eyed him gently.
"Why the hell are you even asking me anymore?" Naruto sighed inwardly, his answer obvious. He wasn't going to just stand there and do nothing when he was supposed to save the lives of countless shinobi. Again.
He raised his gaze from the ground to meet the Sage's, who had given him a few seconds to think. He must've known that the Uzumaki would be consulting with the Tailed Beasts.
"I see that you are now prepared. But I do not want this to cause any disharmony. Do the Tailed Beasts agree with your decision?" Although Gamamaru's voice was slightly hoarse, it was still powerful.

"Yes. Despite the fact Shukaku is trying to get through the seal, everyone agrees." Naruto suppressed an impolite eye roll.
"I am not!" One Tail snorted indignantly.
"Then why are you clawing at the floor? It's impenetrable, you dumbass." Son snapped at him, his veins pulsing with annoyance. The sound that was coming from Shukaku was really unpleasant and it seemed to have drawn the glares of all his psyche mates, excluding their Jinchuriki who didn't really give a damn about their pointless quarrel.
"Stop calling me names! And I already know that!"
"Shut up, you idiots, or I'll put you behind the seal! He's been my Jinchuriki since birth so I can do that!" Kurama yelled at them. Naruto sighed again, this time out loud which only made the Toad smile in amusement.

"Very well, then. In my vision, I saw many different things. Including aspects of life. Oh, speaking of which, have I ever told you about that time when you reminded me of Hagoromo? It was-" Lord Fukasaku cleared his throat in a subtle manner.
"The prophecy was saying..?"
"Ah-Yes! As I was saying, I saw some things. I saw many shinobi battling against a force that I was not able to identify. Many corpses and mostly, despair. I have a very bad feeling about this one, Naruto-boy. Last time, you were only with Kou and Nawaki. But now, many other people might be involved. I fear that it will be worse than you have ever prepared for." Gamamaru frowned softly, his lips pressing into a thin line.

"Then I'll make sure I'm prepared. What else?" Naruto's voice grew emotionless, unlike what it was just seconds before.
"I remember seeing something similar to a giant, but that might have been a dream that intertwined with the vision. I am sure that I also saw you fighting with Toneri." The blond tensed up upon hearing that. He'd known he'd have to face him eventually, and if necessary, kill him. "And I recall that someone you consider close to you will be gravely injured. You need to be very careful, boy." Naruto's mind immediately darted to Sasuke, which only made a wave of uneasiness come over him. He clenched his fists, his eyes closing for a moment to grant him time to compose himself again. When he opened them, he saw a snoring Gamamaru and a nervous Shima who seemed to be unable to pull the Sage out of that state.

"Don't fret, Lady Shima. He seemed like he was done anyway." The Jinchuriki nodded his head at her and Fukasaku before he turned around and gestured to the shinobi to follow him. "And please tell him when he wakes up that he has nothing to worry about. I'll take care if everything, just like last time." He glanced at her with the corner of his eye. Shima gave him a small, appreciative smile as the rest of the toads nodded at him as their way of saying goodbye. They'd known him well enough to tell that he was going to depart immediately. Gamakichi couldn't help himself and accompanied them outside the big hall, his smirk fading slowly.
"Uhh.. Naruto?" He reached out to scratch the back of his neck.
"Yeah?" The blond stopped and cranked his neck to look at him.
"If things get worse, you will summon me, right?" The young toad eyed him worriedly.
"Of course." Naruto smiled at him gently, his right fist raising to meet the other's until a 'thump' was heard. "Besides, I might need to, with the giants he's been dreaming about." That made a chuckle come out of Gamakichi's mouth.

"See ya later, then!" He waved at the departing group.
"So, what just happened?" Sakura broke the ice.
"He put a really big damn burden on my shoulders, that's what he did." Naruto sighed, his fists clenching again. "I'll explain once we get back to the village." He flinched slightly when he felt Sasuke's slim fingers pressed against his quivering hands as if he was telling him to stop. And he did. The blond shot him a soothing glance before he fell back and matched the raven's pace as the others didn't mind them and walked a few meters in front. Sai and Sakura were talking about the outcomes of a war that big. And they all knew it wouldn't bring anything good at all.
"Are you okay?" Sasuke whispered, his shoulder brushing Naruto's.
"I'm fine, now."

I hope.

______________________________
Heya! 'Sup guys? Everything well? Well, I've had a shitty week and I haven't even received my chem test yet! Oh, well. Here's another chapter for ya! Enjoy! And guys, THANK YOU. Like, a lot. 100K is much more than I've ever dreamed for. So yeah, I love you guys!
Next time, on Naruto Shippuden:
'Too Close'
Vote
Comment
& Share!
~Strong power thank you!~
😂
~Bella~
❤️