Once Upon A Friendship

Sasuke's POV

The ninjas seemed rather disturbed by the fact that Naruto had someone who wished to kill him. That's not an everyday news, delivered by the postman. It's something.. Of a bigger concept.
"Well, no wonder you know someone with a screwed up wish like that." Kiba snorted but soon stopped when Sasuke's Sharingan flashed. Naruto narrowed his eyes slightly.
"What is it, Sasuke?" Kakashi landed on the grass near a small clearing.
"It's shinobi." Neji activated his Byakugan and searched the perimeter.
"They're from one of the Five Great Nations but I can't identity the chakra signature." The veins on his temples swelled.

"They're from the Hidden Sand." Naruto leaned against a tree, wearing his usual closed-eyes-barely-living-under-the-hood look. He was calm.
"How do you know?" Sakura clenched and loosened her fists nervously.
"I recognize the chakra. It's the Kazekage and his two siblings." He didn't seem to mind. Actually, his voice sweetened very, very little. Sasuke was full with confusion. How can he sense things existing on such a large range? And how come he even has a stable relationship with the eyebrowless bastard? The leaves rustled as the Sand Siblings made their appearance. The Kazekage seemed surprised. His slightly widened eyes told the truth.
"Naruto? I didn't expect to see you with Leaf shinobi any time soon. Is everything alright?" He focused on the blond only. Temari and Kankuro smiled a little at the sight.

What the hell's going on? Kiba and Sasuke looked dumbly. And so did the rest.
"It has, actually. It's Toneri again." Naruto's facial features softened. A wave of sadness passed his face.
"Oh. I see." Gaara moved his finger over his chin.
"I suppose you've felt that chakra distortion as well. Even though Shukaku's not inside you anymore, you still possess a tiny bit of his chakra." Naruto crossed his arms over his toned chest.
So Gaara knew about everything? So Naruto trusts him more than me? Sasuke clenched his fists.
"Yes. He's still trying to do that, isn't he?" Naruto closed his eyes and that's when Gaara knew he was pushing his buttons a little too hard.
"Yeah. His everlasting goal." The blond sighed.
"How are the Tailed Beasts coping with that?" The redhead asked.
"Not so bad. But I can feel their chakra flow is a little shaky. Only Kurama's fine. Just grumpy as always." That remark brought a small smile to their lips.

Sasuke was really out of it, now. He was lost. Since he met Naruto again, about two days earlier, his whole mind was a complete blurr. Seeing him cold as ice and unresponsive stung his heart but seeing that the blond would open up to Gaara and not to his best friend hurt him more.
"By the way, I was intending to tell you this once you dropped by my office but it seems I should let you know now." Gaara entwined his hands. Temari shifted uncomfortably as Naruto's eyebrows twitched.
"Killer Bee wishes to have some of Eight Tails' chakra extracted. It seems that the Akatsuki have been causing serious trouble to the Hidden Cloud." Naruto looked at him for a little while with gritted teeth. Gaara saw beneath his mask.
Akatsuki? Isn't that.. My brother.. Tch! Damn you Itachi! The raven gritted his teeth harshly.

"God damn it.." Sasuke slightly jolted as his eyes widened at the sight. Naruto was clenching his fists. For a moment there, his cover-up broke. "I originally planned to give Tsunade the scroll and then take care of the Akatsuki. But now it seems I won't be able to leave until Lady Hokage approves." He hissed. Suddenly, his right fist banged into the nearest tree, splitting up some of the bark. He let all of his anger out with one punch, sighing soon after. Sasuke flinched at the unexpected action. Gaara's eyes turned into pure comfort for the blond.

A sweat drop rolled down Sasuke's pale skin. He was biting hard on his bottom lip, trying to stay still. He remembered Naruto used to be short tempered but he never saw him erupt like that.
Why do I keep comparing him to the Naruto I knew? He's definitely a totally different person! An arrogant liar who only knew how to hide behind a facade! He was angry at the blond but also angry at himself, for not being able to reach out to him sooner.
"Do not worry. I'll tell Bee to come to the Hidden Leaf so I'll be able to perform the justu on him." Naruto raised his eyes at the Kazekage.
"Very well. It seems you're in a hurry so we'll leave you to your mission. Just promise me you won't do anything that might get you killed, all right?" Gaara took a step closer and placed his hand of the teen's shoulder.

"I'll try." His mouth's left corner raised into a small smirk, forgetting his earlier problem. Gaara smiled back and got dragged away by Temari, and so was Kankuro.
"Lord Kazekage has some matters to attend to, so we'll take our leave. Make sure you don't kill anyone who doesn't deserve it, blondie!" Temari waved at them and flicked Naruto's head, earning a slightly amused low growl.

"Let's get going." As soon as the Sand Siblings left, Naruto's secretive mood returned once again.
"Yeah." The ninjas regained their pace.
"Hey, bastard. Can I ask you something?" Kiba finally broke the silence. Even his loudmouth skills can come in handy sometimes.
"As long as it's not stupid." Naruto sighed.
"What are Tailed Beasts?" He scratched the tip of his nose. The blond's shoulders tensed again.
Huh... Here we go again.. Sasuke wanted to punch the idiot's face, even though he was quite curious himself.

______________________________
Hello! I hope you're enjoying the story so far! Sorry for not updating so often, but I hope you understand. I have to tell you guys, Shingeki no Kyojin aka Attack On Titan is absolutely awesome and terrifying at the same time. I recommend it to any anime lovers! Can't wait for season 2, departing in April!!
Vote
Comment
& Share!
~Love ya!~
~Bella~
💕