Trial Of Innocence

Naruto's POV

This is where he wanted to get right from the beginning. Naruto closed his eyes and let all kinds of snarls and hisses run past him. Takao looked at him incredulously, his face showing disagreement. He put himself in front of the Jinchuriki, his arms open wide.
"There's no way! He's saved my life as well as Aoi's and besides, I've been with him the whole day!" Takao hissed at his fellow Oharo before his angry gaze drifted towards their leader, who pushed his tired body off of his throne.

"I am very sorry Takao, but the Mukami is the only logical suspect. He's probably been ordered to burn our hideout to the ground!" Ryoko puffed his cheeks while the huge crowd joined in, yelling and throwing insults.
Naruto crossed his arms over his chest in a deadpan manner, his face somewhat bored. Takao eyed him apologetically before the blond leaned in to whisper in his ear.

"Don't worry. I am not the one responsible and I've got a trick up my sleeve." He smirked slightly.
"Put him in the cage!" Ryoko growled at his subordinates, his voice filled with disgust.
The Oharo shinobi hurried to separate Naruto from the pissed off Takao and eventually, given the fact that the Jinchuriki wasn't even trying to resist their demand, they managed to throw him in the chakra-proof cell near the Oharo Clan's leader's throne.
Ryoko walked over and shut the door closed with a loud thud, right before he used a key he had in his pocket to lock it, leaving Naruto to grab the bars with his gloved hands, his teeth gritted forcefully.

"I bet you've been planning to do this all along!" The Oharo spat in his face, anger clawing at his features.
"Do you think he wanted to blame you for the fire?" Kurama wrapped his tails around the blond.
"No. He wouldn't have risked the lives of so many Oharo just to cage a member of the enemy clan. It would have been unnecessary and it might have ruined the little trust these morons have in him. Besides, you can read him like an open book. He wasn't expecting this to happen." Naruto scratched his chin slowly, his eyes narrowing. "The Mukami didn't intend to do anything like this so that only leaves another conspiracy, right inside the very heart of the Oharo Clan."

"I have no desire to hurt your clan whatsoever. In order to prove that, I can relay the plan my clan has been intending to use against you."
Naruto sat down and fluttered his left hand in the air while he used the other to support himself. Suddenly, Ryoko's face lit up with a sick kind of delight.
"I'm listening." He perked up.
"The Mukami want to ambush your shinobi in the Canyon of Sorrow you'll be presumably passing through in order for you to reach your next targets, which are the noble clans of the Hidden Snow." He rasped out, staring right into the other's green, prefatory-like eyes.
"How did your clan get ahold of this classified information?" Ryoko raised his voice, gritting his teeth.

"It's simple. Espionage." Naruto rolled his eyes. "Now, back to the plan. I suggest you pretend to have been unaware of their attack and go with the flow, but still prepare for it. It would turn the game upside down and you'd have the upper hand. The whole clan will be there so it's the best time to wipe them all out. As for the fire, I wasn't informed about it and I'm suspecting that they've been wanting to get rid of me all along, since I could rat them out. Like the Oharo you've sent to my clan, my mission here was to gather intell on the leader in particular although I haven't come in contact with my clan to report. Given the way I have been treated by my clan, I'd rather desert and join you, if your highness allows me to, of course."
"Why did you make him think that the Mukami had started the fire when we know for sure that they had nothing to do with it?" Kurama furrowed his eyebrows.
"It's better for him to think this way and to remain unaware of any potential threats laying near him. As long as those rebels, whoever they are, desire to ruin the Oharo, it's to our advantage."

Ryoko seemed slightly shocked. He soon narrowed his eyes and smirked mischievously, running his tongue slowly over his dry bottom lip, to moisten it.
"I have to admit, you're quite the genius. You would be a very productive addition to the Oharo. And if you're even willing to destroy the Mukami.." Hn. Even this sudden change of plans appears to be on my side. "I might consider your request only if you prove yourself in this following battle. Let that replace the Initiation Ritual." The Oharo smiled slyly.

"Very well, sir." Naruto bowed his head respectfully. Ryoko grinned sadistically before he put his hand into his pocket and fished out the key from earlier with which he opened the door of the cage, letting Naruto out. He grabbed the blond's shoulder and turned him around, both of then facing the restless crowd of criminals.
"This has gotten a lot more interesting than I thought it would." Kurama commented, gradually getting more curious. "What now?"
"We proceed according to plan. The Mukami ambush the Oharo, only that I make sure hell breaks loose upon these bastards. And the first person who has the honor to taste my blade is Ryoko Asu." He spat in the Tailed Beast psyche, hatred filling his gaze.

"Listen up, everyone! Takao here isn't the one to be blamed for the unfortunate incident but the clan he has deserted! And from now on, he is bound to be treated like one of us! He now is the one who plans our attacks! Understood?"
A wave of strong voices forming a chorus rose up, all seemingly agreeing with him fully.
Naruto saw Takao eyeing him warily with the corner of his keen eye, but he payed small attention to him. I might have lost the little trust he had in me, but it doesn't really change anything in the course of action. Hn, or maybe not. He was surprised to see the Oharo rolling his eyes while giving him a thumbs up with his left hand. Apparently, having saved his life mattered more to Takao than the Jinchuriki's original 'mission'. And Naruto could relate to that.
"Tomorrow, we strike! We follow the original plan but the main objective now is to permanently get rid of the Mukami Clan, once and for all! And after their complete and inevitable destruction, we can finally get our revenge by slaughtering the Deadly Shadow!"
And here we go.

______________________________
Heya! How's it going, everyone?
According to my calculations, this story has about six more arcs to go. I know, it's a lot, given the fact that so far I've only written three. It's crazy, but screw it! I don't care if my story will end up with 100 chapters! (which is highly probable) but anyway!
Oh, and another thing guys. As I said in the A/N of the previous chapter, I'm going on a trip next week and I most likely won't be able to update the whole week. I don't think I'll be able to write two chapters in advance. Sorry, I hope you understand!
Next time, on Naruto Shippuden:
'A Sinful Past'
(*spoiler*: Sasuke learns the truth behind Naruto's time in the Oharo Clan)
Vote
Comment
& Share!
~See ya!~
~Bella~
💕