Stifled Cries

Sasuke's POV

"He's definitely going to kill you once he gets out of there." Nawaki snorted with laughter.
"Oh-Shut up! You don't know that!" Kou whisper-yelled at him, flapping his arms in the cold night air. "Maybe he actually found it funny!"
"Your joke that was not so much of a joke but more like the naked truth? Heh. I don't think so. You know him." The spy narrowed his eyes in order to annoy the man some more.
"Can you two focus on the mission and stop acting like some brainless morons?" Sasuke rolled his coal-black eyes as he leaned against the harsh bark of a tree with his arms crossed in exasperation. I think I'm starting to get what Naruto's going through.

Kou huffed indignantly before he placed a finger on the button on his right earphone, ready to speak.
"He's right, Kou." Naruto's controlled but beyond angry voice came out, starling him. A sweatdrop rolled down the Oharo's forehead as he laughed nervously.
"So-Umm, what are you up to, Naruto?" He tried to change the subject but failed miserably. Sasuke heard the blond sigh on the other side and he felt like face palming himself.
"You're an idiot. Nawaki, you do the talking." The creaking of a mattress was audible as well and Sasuke could bet that Naruto was climbing back into the bed.

"What happened, exactly?" The spy pushed a grunting Kou away while he laid down on the branch of the pine tree.
"Ryoko seemed to like me." The Uchiha had to dispel the thought of kicking Kou off the thick branch he was standing on when he heard him mumble 'and so did the maids' but instead he threw three shuriken at him and pinned him to the tree, earning a surprised yelp from the Oharo. Kakashi sighed, looking at the two.
"Apparently, I have to pass this Initiation Ritual if I want the Oharo to see me as one of their own. But I have no idea what that might be like, and nor does the moron, since he became part of the clan only because of being associated with me."

"It can't be that bad, boss. You've handled worse, haven't you?" Nawaki's gaze softened.
"Yeah. I'm not worried about that, though. I think Aoi is here as well." The spy's eyes widened considerably and a feeling of uneasiness overcame Sasuke once more. Aoi? Who's that?
Kou had already managed to unpin himself from the tree when he gaped slightly, a small tint of fear visible in his eyes.
"Has he recognized you?" He hurried to press the button and spoke, completely ignoring Naruto's warning from earlier.

"I don't think so, although he seemed to suspect me." The blond sighed. Knowing him, he was probably running his fingers through his blonde locks.
"Be careful, Naruto. He could screw up the whole plan." The Oharo's voice held concern.
"I know." He said no more. Sasuke felt the need to ask him if he was okay but he didn't want to seem so worried. Even though he was.
"Try not to get yourself killed, alright?" The Uchiha couldn't help himself. He heard Naruto's small chuckle on the other side.

"As you wish." His somewhat mocking response brought a small smile to Sasuke's lips. Sakura smiled fondly, happy to finally see them get along. But she didn't want to be left out.
"And avoid killing people unnecessarily, please?" She told him, her voice half joking as well.
"I'll try, but I can't promise anything." He chuckled lightly again. Kakashi breathed out in relief, his face lit up with happiness. His team was slowly healing. Truth be told, he had always blamed himself for Naruto's disappearance, given the fact that he was his teacher, he was supposed to be there for him and to give him protection and love just as he deserved. But it wasn't enough. It never is.

Suddenly, Sasuke heard a loud thud, probably someone banging on Naruto's door.
"What happened? Did you wet the bed?" The Jinchuriki asked, half groaning. Who's he talking to?
"Shut up, you damn bastard and open the freaking door! A muffled voice came out of the earphones. The raven recognized the annoying Oharo named Takao.
"Oh boy, doesn't this look familiar." Nawaki snuffled from the cold, his eyes half closed as memories overwhelmed him.

"How so?" Sakura furrowed her brow, full of curiosity.
The loud banging amplified and Sasuke was really starting to feel bad for the blond.
"I'm coming! Don't punch a hole into the door, you dumbass!" Naruto's frustrated sigh seemed to have caught Takao's attention, since he stopped his assault on the wooden door.
"About a year ago, Kou and Naruto were assigned to an assassination mission targeting a group of bandits. Of course, being the idiot he is, Kou had overslept and when he got to the scene, every single bandit had his throat sliced open. But let me tell you, Naruto hadn't gotten a good night's sleep in those past few weeks and yet, he still completed his mission successfully." Nawaki glared at Kou, who was sticking his tongue out at him. "Once he got back to Mount Myoboku, he dismissed any new assignments, locked himself inside his room and slept for three days straight. And of course, this idiot was left to take care of all of those missions." The spy chuckled at the thought of seeing the Oharo working relentlessly. "Every night, he pounded on Naruto's door, begging him to come out and help him with the assignments. God, it was hilarious." Kou snorted at his laughing face, indignant.

"I wasn't begging! I was just asking for a little help, that's all!" Before they could butt heads, Naruto's tired voice rasped in their earphones.
"What do you want?" He growled lowly. It seems that neither one of us likes to be disturbed late at night. Or morning, for that matter. Sasuke chuckled inwardly, a small smile embracing his lips.
"A fire's started inside one of the rooms!" The Uchiha's eyes widened. He grasped his earphones tightly with his right hand. He could hear footsteps so he assumed that Naruto and Takao took off towards the ruckus. Anxiety took over his head.
The bang of a door being slammed open ringed into Sasuke's ears, followed by a yell coming from Naruto.

"Whose room is this?" The blond coughed, probably because of the smoke.
"It's Aoi's! He must be around here somewhere!" Sasuke's hold on the earphones tightened, his slightly trembling knuckles turning white.

______________________________
Heya! Another one up! Prepare for some heated action! And I'm not talking about that kind of action, you little pervs! Next time, on Naruto Shippuden:
'Late Night Fire'
Vote
Comment
& Share!
~See ya!~
~Bella~
💕