Fallen Leaves

Sasuke's POV

"I suppose Kakashi could tell you. He knows pretty much about them." Naruto focused on the road alone. It's not like he didn't like talking about the Tailed Beasts, it's just that it was a rather sensitive subject. Kakashi looked down, seemingly feeling somewhat guilty. The chunin moved their gazes upon their sensei as he adjusted his mask. Asuma and Kurenai held the same pained eyes. "Stop acting like it's your fault. There's nothing to feel guilty about." The man's eye widened as sweatdrops rolled down his forehead.

Naruto kept going, showing no emotion. Still, Kakashi knew his former student at least the tiniest bit so he could tell that the teen was indeed emotionally damaged. And that was most likely the reason he had shut himself from others. Kakashi sighed, closing his unmasked eye.
"Tailed Beasts are massive concentrations of chakra which the Sage of the Six Paths created by separating the Ten Tails, a mindless creature of immense power. Over the years, shinobi have tried to control these Beasts but they possessed too much chakra a human can possibly handle." The hardest part to explain was nearing. Naruto sensed his uncertainty.

"So? Are those things still alive or what?" Tenten brushed a strand of hair back into one of her buns.
"Technically, yes. But practically, no. People have developed a way to control their power by imprisoning them inside.. Humans. Those who bear the seal have come under the name of Jinchuriki."

"Jinchuriki are a highly secret matter, the Five Great Nations wouldn't speak of easily. That's probably why you've never heard of them before." Naruto took over the conversation. He didn't want Kakashi's words to make the rookies pity him. "As expected, they were a total of nine. Gaara - host of One Tail, Yugito Nii - host of Two Tails, the Fourth Mizukage Yagura - host of Three Tails, Roshi - host of Four Tails, Han - host of Five Tails, Utakata - host of Six Tails, Fuu - host of Seven Tails, Killer Bee - host of Eight Tails and myself - host of Nine Tails."
A deathly silence took over them. Everyone stood gaping, only the sensei looked rather sad. Sasuke's eyes widened. That's why he was so powerful! That's why he was able to.. Defeat me. Hn. So he wasn't that strong after all. He could only smirk to himself, knowing the teen's trick. But the others were still in shock.

"So.. You're actually.. Host of the Demon Fox?" Sakura bit her lip continuously.
"Yes. Ever wondered why the villagers hate me? I suppose you didn't even bother yourself with such a small matter like that." Naruto spat, finally looking in Sakura's eyes. She flinched at his spiteful words and eyes filled with anger. That's when it all came tumbling down on Sasuke. He felt miserable. Miserable for his best friend. Miserable with himself for feeling relieved, even if only for a moment.
So we are quite similar, after all. He wanted to sneak a smile but couldn't bring himself to do so.
"Hey, take it easy! It's not her fault that you are a monster!" Ino defended her but soon clamped her hands over her mouth.
"I-I'm sorry.. I didn't-!" Ino's eyes were slowly filling with tears. She seemed even more miserable when, for a second, hurt was visible on Naruto's face, under the hood.

"N-Naruto, I-I'm s-sure she d-didn't mean it.." Hinata tried to calm them down.
"Don't even try. I don't need it." The blond growled lowly. He was trying to contain his anger accumulated over the past three years, that was on its boiling point now. Sasuke flinched inwardly and focused on the Jinchuriki's face as he tried to catch a glimpse of a different emotion, no matter how small. "Just forget it." He hurried his pace and ran in front of the others, keeping his ears shut from the whispering behind him and Ino's quiet sobbing. The raven saw the opportunity and matched the teen's pace, after sending the infamous Uchiha glare to Sakura and Ino and a soft one to the bluenette.

"Are you all right... Dobe?" He pondered a little on the nickname, afraid of Naruto's reaction.
"Yeah." He said no more, ignoring the word that he would never admit to like.
"You know you don't have to act tough around me." Sasuke persisted on trying to get him to talk, even though the blond clearly wanted to be left alone.
"I know. And I'm not." For a moment, a wave of emotions passed his face. Naruto's eyes opened widely and Sasuke didn't know if it was his fault.
Suddenly, the blond reached out and pushed him on a nearby branch. In the blink of an eye, Naruto was thrown through some branches, leaving only splinters behind.

The ninjas skidded to a halt and observed anxiously the huge rampage before their eyes. Smoke covered the view so it was really hard to see. Sasuke was slowly getting nervous as he couldn't pinpoint Naruto with all that ruckus.
"Naruto!" He finally shouted. No answer. Only a deep growl, terrifying and bringing loathing into their ears. What the-?! In the small clearing surrounded by broken branches stood Naruto, with his arms crossed protectively over his head as he blocked a big, clawed fist.

______________________________
Heya! Nice to update again! I'm so annoyed right now. I mean, I really don't want Naruto to end but still, make a fucking Boruto anime?? In April?? With little strawberry-head as the main character and my lovely blond only a side one??? The word is so cruel. Eh, screw it. At least I get to see the season 2 of Shingeki no Kyojin.
Vote
Comment
& Share!
~See ya!~
~Bella~
💕