Coming Back To Life

Sasuke's POV

"Is everyone.. Alright?" Naruto paused with a shaky, wincing breath as he gritted his teeth after attempting to sit against the Tailed Beast's tails.
"Y-Yeah. Don't worry about us." Sakura tried to put on a smile but she failed miserably when she saw the condition he was in. "Let me heal you." He sighed when he saw the desperate look in her eyes, making him succumb to her wish.

She took a few slightly trembling steps further until she was standing on her knees, right in front of the blond.
Kurama growled protectively and lowly as he ruffled his glowing yellow fur.
"It's fine." He relaxed at his Jinchuriki's calm voice but his gaze remained on the kunoichi, scanning her every move. Sasuke though, seemed out of it. His fists were clenched and his eyes were clearly spacing out. Naruto knew he must have gotten scared of losing him mostly because he had always been the only one to see beneath the raven's unbroken mask.

Sakura slowly unzipped Naruto's shredded jacket before he took off his torn chain mail, still breathing heavily from the pain. His cloak had been destroyed in the ruckus as well as the hood and gloves.
She raised her gaze to see his slightly approving nod. A green glow engulfed her hand as she trailed his wounds with the tip of her fingers while he grimaced at her touch. Her eyes were slightly closed as if she was afraid to see the damage that had been inflicted upon Naruto's body. Suddenly, the pinkhead brought her left hand up to her mouth, gasping silently after she had fully opened her eyes.

"These wounds.. T-They're so deep.." She gazed over three large, crimson slashes that still had some drops of blood rolling out of them and onto Naruto's worked abdomen. "I can heal them, but it might take a while and you would lose too much blood.."
How come.. That.. 'Thing' hurt him like this? Sasuke wanted to punch Orochimaru and crush him into a pulp. But not only for what he had done to his best friend.

"I'll live." The blond gently pushed her away as his eyes turned red once more, earning another thoughtful glance from Jiraiya. His wounds started closing up with a burning sound while Sakura couldn't help but wonder exactly how fast Naruto could heal himself.

He let out a tired breath once he was physically stable and laid against Kurama, closing his eyes. The fox wrapped his tails around him as he covered Naruto's bare torso.
"You're an idiot, you know that?"
Kurama narrowed his eyes, anger traced by fondness lacing his words. He ignored the other shinobi as if they weren't there.
"You remind me every day. How can I forget?" His voice turned into a small chuckle. He did not. Is this.. Even real?.. Did he actually laugh? So he still has some happiness inside of him.. The raven smiled to himself, knowing there still was a chance to bring him back.

The chunin's shocked faces were asking something like 'is he actually laughing?'. Haru smiled at the blond before his eyes. He felt happy with the way things turned out and Naruto's well being.
"I'm not joking, Naruto! You almost died!" Concern was audible in his light growl. So he really was.. That close.. Damn it! Just because he was protecting us! The Uchiha was angry at them, but mostly at himself. Naruto's power had proven to be greater than his once more.

"I've been closer to death. It's not something new for me, you know it." White clouds puffed out from the blond's bruised lips. Sweatdrops were forming on the others' faces. Haru fidgeted as his gaze travelled onto the ground. He suddenly remembered when Naruto had been on the brink of death, after saving the brunet's life. Again.

"And that's not fine! It's the third time in these past few months.. I don't like it one bit that you value the life of others more than your own!" That last sentence made the chunin widen their eyes. Sasuke remembered the conversation he had had with the Tailed Beast. "He's willing to die in order to protect you." Those words wouldn't let him mind at peace. But they also made him feel warmth inside his heart, knowing that his best friend cared so much about him.
"I'm in no mood to listen to this." Naruto's fingertips glowed as he moved them along his torso, regaining his black jumpsuit entirely. Black gloves formed onto his hands.

"Let's just go." Kurama sighed at his words, knowing that there was no way to make him keep talking about it. Naruto got up on his feet with the fox's support and turned around, pulling up his hood so his face became barely visible once more.
"Naruto! You should go to the hospital. You're still injured." Sasuke tried to persuade him into swallowing up his pride but to no avail.

"I don't need any medical attention. Leave me alone." His cold voice turned into a growl again. In the blink of an eye, he disappeared along with Kurama, leaving the shinobi confused and a little hurt by his repulsive behavior.
And still, that wasn't something new.

______________________________
Heya! Another one up! Kisses!!😘
Vote
Comment
& Share!
~See ya!~
~Bella~
💕