The Truth Behind The Mask

Sasuke's POV

"What? You mean..? Where are you?" Sasuke whispered, shaking his head around.
"Calm down, duckbutt. I'm inside your head. I transferred a little of my chakra into you when Naruto pushed you out of the way back then." Kurama appeared in front of him inside his psyche.

"Wha-!" He inspected the sewer-like surroundings. "Where am I?" The raven flinched slightly when he saw the big fox standing right before his eyes.
"Inside your mind. No one can see or hear us. Time has also stopped and we can talk as long as we like." Kurama rolled his eyes.

"What do you want from me?" Sasuke scowled as he took a few steps backwards. He didn't know what the so called 'demon' was capable of.
"I already told you, bimbo. To talk."
"About what?" He crossed his arms over his chest, his body ready for any sudden movement and ignoring the newcomer's annoying nicknames.
"About Naruto." The Tailed Beast slowly lowered his head to Sasuke's level, a few feet away from him.

The Uchiha's gaze drifted upon the ground, blinking slowly. A few seconds later, he raised his head and nodded with emotionless eyes. Kurama's gaze softened.
"Don't be angry at him. It's not his fault all of this happened." Sasuke's brow furrowed with confusion.

"It's very hard for him to actually trust people. There are very few he trusts wholeheartedly. Us - the Tailed Beasts, some of the toads from Mount Myoboku, his parents, the Sand Siblings, Killer Bee of the Hidden Cloud, Haru.." Sasuke grunted when he heard the brat's name.
"He used to even put his life into Toneri's hands, before he betrayed him." Kurama sighed. "And the last.. Is You, Uchiha." The raven's eyes widened as a sour taste took over the insides of his mouth.

He shook his head with some of his hair strands remaining on his pale face.
"Why are you telling me all of this?" He clenched and unclenched his fists frustratedly.
"Because I know how much you care about him and I also know how much he cares about you. He would even give his life if that's what's necessary to protect you." Sasuke's whole body froze. He tried swallowing to dissolve the lump that had formed in his throat but to no avail. "Look, all I mean is that I ask you not to push him away when he acts coldly towards you or seems to prefer hanging out with Haru." The Tailed Beast' eyes seemed concerned and troubled.

"I would never push him away." Sasuke mumbled faintly, making Kurama strain his furry ears.
"I'm not so sure about that. I know you, the Uchiha. You're quick to have a change of heart." The raven grunted at him while trying to process the other's words.

"Just don't break him again, that's all I ask, and that's the reason I wanted to talk to you." Kurama was slowly fading away.
"Wait! You said something about his parents! But aren't they.. Dead?" Sasuke reached out to stop him from leaving.
"That's true. But it's something Naruto has to chose whether to tell you or not. Heck, he doesn't even know I'm talking to you since he's caught up with Haru. So keep your mouth shut about this or he'll kill me and I'll get to kill you before that happens." He turned around and seemed to get further and further away.

"Oh-And about Haru.. You don't like him much, do you?" Kurama turned his head.
"Not really. I don't trust him. He seems suspicious." Sasuke grunted again.
"Naruto and I have known him for quite some long time and believe me, he would never do anything to harm him or any of you. Just don't let jealousy overcome you, duckbutt." The Tailed Beast smirked evilly, making the other roll his eyes.

Suddenly, Sasuke's eyes blinked open as he realized he was back into the real world. He looked over to the two teens to see that they hadn't moved an inch since the last time he had seen them.
Naruto.. I'm sorry.. For everything.. His gaze clouded with pain and regret.
I promise I'll bring you back. Just like you did for me.

~~~<>~~~

I just have to make it in time! An old man with red marks on his face was running through the Gates of the Hidden Leaf Village. He stopped for a moment to take a deep breath.
Eh.. I really am getting out of shape..
He huffed, wiping a few drops of sweat from his face.

"Oh! Lord Jiraiya!" Kakashi raised his right hand and gave him a closed-eye smile.
"Kakashi." Jiraiya nodded as a greeting. "Am I too late?" He walked over to the Jounin.
"No. He's right over to the Training Grounds." Kakashi sighed a little.
"What's the situation?" The Sannin crossed his arms in regret.
"Pretty bad. Go see for yourself, maybe he acts differently around you."

"Alright. Thank you." The Copy Ninja nodded his head in reply, before disappearing into a swirl of leaves.
There must be a part of the old him inside there. There's no doubt about that.

He headed towards the big trees and entered the clearing where five teens were spending their time. Jiraiya saw Sakura throwing worried glances towards Sasuke and Shikamaru rubbing his chin thoughtfully.

They were all watching two young men who seemed to be training. He noticed a brown-haired boy that he didn't recognize yet he felt something was going on with him. In front of him stood a man cloaked in black, wearing a dark hood over his face. Jiraya's hands trembled in anticipation.

He took a few more steps until the man turned his head around and his eyes widened slightly. In that very moment, the Sannin knew who he was facing. Those unmistakable blue eyes.
Naruto.

______________________________
Heya! This one's an early update for you guys! I'm gonna update again next week. Enjoy!
Vote
Comment
& Share!
~Until then!~
~Bella~
💕