coming home?

plottwist coming soon :'D

***********************************************************************************************

*Brian's POV*

And so on, time went by. We had a BBQ at Matt's, went to Johnny's bar, recorded and jammed all day...it felt good to be back. I was spending most of my time in the studio for the single reason that I didn't want to be along my dad all the time.

So last night I even slept here with the excuse that I had some riffs to be done, now I was sitting here on the couch with my laptop and a cup of coffee in front of me. After I played a bit of guitar and slept for a while, I decided that I needed my space again. Even though the studio wasn't the most comfortable place to be, I enjoyed the privacy last night.

So this morning, I got up, made my coffee and opened my laptop to look for some apartments. I googled a local real-estate agent and scrolled through the houses and flats he was offering. Huntington Beach got expensive over the past few years, an apartment flat with three rooms already costed a small fortune.

Compared to this, the houses were almost "cheap". One of them immediately catch my eye. It was quite big, located on the seaside and just minutes away by the others. The couple that built the house only five years ago had to move to Asia because of the husband's job I read in the description, and the house now had been empty for three months. I marked it as a favorite and wrote an e-mail to the agent, asking for a viewing appointment.

I closed my laptop, made myself another cup of coffee and grabbed my guitar. I sat there, playing for myself, until Matt entered the studio.

"Whoa! Mr. Haner's early for work!", he laughed and gave me a fist bump, "and I wanted to be early and lay down some vocals before the rest comes in."
"Oh, just ignore me, I won't bother you", I smiled.

"I know that, but would you mind helping me? Recording with two people in the studio is way easier plus I want to try a harmony vocal part, if you don't mind."

"Not at all, get yourself ready. I'm gonna start up the systems."
Matt left next door and I heard him warming up his voice. I pushed a few buttons, the computer system started and the screens turned on. I checked on the controllers and waited for Matt to return, as my phone buzzed.

"Dear Mr. Haner,

With pleasure I read your request to take a look at the house in Pacific Coast Highway/21th Street. I actually got time this afternoon, would that be okay for you? If not, we can easily find another date.

Bryson Pitts, agent at Huntington Real Estate"

This afternoon already? Sweet, why not? I quickly texted him my answer, agreeing on 4pm today. Then I send another text to my father, telling him about the house and me being away the whole day.

"You finished your phone business, Syn?", Matt said and made me squeeze, cause I'd been focusing on my phone.

"Aye, Sir. You're ready? Can you just give a few notes so I can adjust the systems?"

He started singing some random crap, mixed up with A little piece of Heaven, Blitzkrieg Bop, Sad but true...

Singers. Give them a mic and they won't stop singing ever again.

"That's enough, Mattie. Which song do you wanna start with?"

"The Stage, I want to finish that goddamn song today. If we keep this one going it'll turn out to another A Little Piece of Heaven."
I wanted to answer, tell him that there won't ever be another song like this, because there was no Jimmy anymore. But one, right now I didn't want to think about Jimmy and two, I didn't want to bother Matt.