Broken bones and broken heads

heyoooo, hope you all are good and still reading! :D

this chapter is more a filler than a chapter, but new stuff is coming soon! Stay tuned, and don't forget to vote if you like it!

***********************************************************************************************

*Matt's POV*

"Will be back, just need a smoke. Call me, when they got news", I murmured to Val, grabbed Brian's cigarettes out of his jacket and left the ER.

I knew, I quitted smoking for a reason, but I was just so stressed out, my head hurt like hell and I needed a break.

To sum up the last hours: I awoke when I heard something falling down in Brian's room, I wanted to look after him and found him unconsciousness on the floor. Blood was all over him and he was barely breathing anymore. So we called the paramedics and they took him to the ER. What really happened to him...I had no clue, but I feared for him...being broken and depressed was one thing I may could help him out. But being seriously injured made me fear for his life...

I lit the cigarette and inhaled the smoke, felt my lungs burning. I didn't ever want to smoke again and I always tried to make Brian quit, but for now I just needed it.

I needed the fresh and cold air, the cigarette made my nerves cool down a bit. When I finished it, I went back in and saw Val still sitting there.

"No news?", I asked, she shook her head.

I sat down next to her and hide my face in my hands.

"God Brian...", I whispered, close to breaking down.

"He'll be okay", Val said gently rubbing my back.

"Mr. and Mrs. Sanders?", suddenly someone asked and I looked up again.

"Yes?"
He came closer, we stood up and shook hands.

"Dr. Landers my name, you brought Mr. Haner in here?"

I nodded.

"What is with him?"

"It actually looked worse on the first sight than it really was. Through the fight he had been into, a strong punch on his lungs caused them to start bleeding, which made him cough blood. We fixed this now, there is no need to worry anymore. He just needs some rest, then he'll be completely okay again soon."

I tightly hugged Val and felt a big stone falling down from my chest.

"Thank you!", Val said, "that's so relieving to hear. Are we allowed seeing him?"

"Yeah, but please just a few minutes. You sure can come back tomorrow, but he really needs his rest now. Please follow me."
We did so, I sent a silent thanks up to Jimmy for saving our brother.

"Five minutes, then I need you to leave. Will see you tomorrow."

We nodded and silently entered the room.

Brian had his eyes open, lying in this big, white room and starring at the ceiling. As he heard the door opening, he turned around.

"Matt, Val", he whispered.

I went to his bed, sat down and took his hand.

"I told you to never do such a stunt again, Haner...damn I thought you would die!!!", I said wiping away my tears.

"Seems like nothing beats me down", he smiled, I joined him.

"How're you feeling?", Val finally asked.

"Okay, I guess...breathing still hurts and I'm tired...but alive."
I gently pressed his hand.

"I'm just so happy you are...will be back tomorrow, okay?"

I saw his face dropping.

"Really? I don't want to stay alone..."

I let my hand run through his hair.

"I know, Bri...but you need rest. I promise you to be back as soon as possible. Stay strong, you can do this."
He smiled and I kissed his forehead.

"Get some sleep, you need it."
I got up, turned out the lights and left the room, hands in hands with my wife. She always catches me and understands my worry for Brian...never ever would I find someone like her again.

"Thanks, babe", I said and kissed her, before we left to our car and drove home.

-one week later-

*Brian's POV*

I heard Val working in the kitchen and I felt so useless, cause I couldn't even help her. I still wasn't allowed to really do things, so all I did was sitting on Sanders' couch, watching TV and listening to music.

"Hey, Brian", Matt said and sat beside we, "we need to talk."
Oh Christ...

"Matt, if I'm going to stress you out, I'm planning on moving out again. And yes, I'll reduce my drinking, I won't get into fights and I'll stay calm until my body's healed again", I said everything I could think of he would say to me now.

But he just started laughing heavily.

"What?", I said completely confused.

"Something completely different", he smiled, "I was wondering, how your hand is doing, and if you want to keep Sevenfold going. Since you got out of jail, there was a lot of trouble and we didn't even thought about the band. The last tour ended over one year ago, the last album was three years ago. The fans are missing us."
"And I miss them!", I immediately said, "what kind of a question is that, Matt? Of course I want to keep the band running, I miss all these dickheads! I miss my guitars, I miss touring, damn I even miss Short Shit!"

We both laughed and I saw Matt's relieved face.

"I hoped you would say that. The only question left is, how much time your wrist needs. Pretty sure, you can't play guitar that way."

"Yeah...", I whispered, "what about a drummer? Since Arin isn't in the band anymore."
"While you were away, Brooks Wackermann asked us, if he could join. We invited him into the studios and jammed along...we didn't say him a yes or no, cause we wanted to wait for you. I want you to accept our new drummer, cause I know that you still see Jimmy behind that kit."
His caring for my emotions was just so...had no words for it.

"Thank you Matt, I really appreciate it. Are we talking about the Bad Religion Brooks?"
He nodded.

"Yup, quit the band cause of some differences."
"I don't need to hear him play the drums. He knows, what he is doing on the set and he is one of the coolest dudes I've ever met. I was on a Bad Religion concert some years ago and we were hanging out after the show. Call him and get your band back together, Shads!", I said full of joy and excitement. All I wanted to do was playing again.

I was pretty sure, that being with the band would bring kind of a "back to normal" mode again. I hadn't been on stage since Michelle and I broke up. Doing what I loved to do would help me recover again.

"Are you sure, Brian? I don't want it to go too quick for you."
"Yep, I am sure, Matt. Let's meet up next week. Until then I should be able to hold a guitar again."
I didn't even know if I already was that far, but it just needed to work out. It would hurt, of course. But getting hurt for my guitars was nothing new to me.

Matt got up and made a few calls, while I leaned back and closed my eyes. My brain sent me pictures of us performing on stage. Screaming fans, Zacky and I playing back to back. Matt putting his hand around my shoulder while playing "so far away". Standing on the boxes and shredding a solo. Messing around with Johnny. Signing posters, shooting videos, hanging around in the bus or recording in the studio.

I felt like a drug addict, I needed it. Right here, right now.
"Next week, Saturday around 10AM in the studio, the guys are coming. We've got some new songs", Matt smiled.

"Spread the word, a new Sevenfold record is on its way", I said and I couldn't await it anymore, cause from now on, everything would be okay again.