bleed it out

guyyyyys!!! Almost 70 reads, two votes and one freking comment!!! You're making me the happiest fanfiction author ever, never thought you would actually like my crappy, drama based story that much :D Thanks thanks thanks!
Special thanks to DarknessViolet, this chapter is for you, you're amazing, thank you so much! (though your comment got blocked for some time by wattpad, idk why...)

***********************************************************************************************

*Matt's POV*

As the doorbell rang, I sprinted to the door and opened it, just to see Corey, that had Brian bridal style in his arms.

Blood was all over Brian's face, he had a black eye, bruises all over his arms and cuts on his knuckles.

"Oh my God...just get him on the couch, come here", I said in shock, closed the door and went to the living room. Corey followed me and carefully put Brian down on the couch.

I sat down beside my unconscious friend and softly let my fingers run through his hair.

Val entered the room, it was late in the night, but we seemed to have waken her up.

"Oh god, Brian! I'll get a first-aid kit and some water, so we can clean up this mess", she said and left to the bathroom.

"What happened?", I whispered to Corey.

"He got drunk, like really drunk and met Michelle again. As far as I know, they just talked as her ne lover came in. Brian meant to provoke and then all hell went loose. I had troubles holding him back and not killing that guy. I thought, Brian was okay, but then he collapsed into my arms. You were the first one I thought of calling. Sorry for doing that to you", he murmured.

"It's okay, don't worry about that...just tell me, how bad is he?"

"Don't really know, to be honest. He spitted out blood, might have some ribs broken. You see, his knuckles are opened up and I fear, that his left hand may be broken too. Else...scratches and bruises everywhere. He should be checked by a doctor. When he was awake for a short moment, I asked him if we should go to the ER, but he kind of panicked, so I brought him here first."
I nodded.

"Thanks...best decision you could've made. You know, Bri has kind of a...paranoia of hospitals. He doesn't like to go there, and if he has to, it drives him completely insane and you've gotta take good care for him..."

Val came back and sat beside me.

"Let me look at this...the hell happened to him? Thought he was done with getting into fistfights...", she said as she started wiping the blood from his face and his hands.

As she touched his left hand, he whined for a short moment, but stayed asleep.

"Matt, a doctor needs to see this. For sure, this hand is broken and as a freaking guitarist, you need your left hand!"
Damn, I hadn't even thought about that...

She put on some temporary bandages on his knuckles and lifted his shirt. We both stopped breathing for a moment, as we saw the big, dark bruises all over his chest.

"We should immediately drive him to the emergency room, Matt. If the ribs are broken and stick into his lungs, then he really is in danger."
"But I just can't drive him there, as long as he is unconscious. He will completely freak out, run away and make it even worse. At least, let him wake up again, and then we will see."
Just as I said this, my heart shattered into a thousand pieces. I knew, he needed quick help, but I felt so lost and broken inside, that I could think straight anymore.