Chapter 28(1): Talk About Weirdness

Yellow! So this is the first part of this chapter! The second part will be up shortly. Enjoy and VOMMENT!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ELLIE’S P.O.V

The bell rang, signaling the end of the day. I resisted the urge to throw my fist up in the air and break into a victory dance. Today was officially the longest school day in the history of all school days!

I skipped outside the classroom only to crash into someone.

“Oh, sorry,” I said, rubbing my nose. I paused when I looked up to meet emerald green eyes.

My mood that had been flippant moments ago suddenly darkened as if someone had switched it off. I rushed away, pushing through the crowds of students.

“Ellie, wait!” he called, struggling to keep up.

“Go away,” I mumbled but not loud enough for him to hear. Just as I was about escape out the double doors, he grabbed my arm and roughly turned me around to face him. He looked down at me pleadingly.

“What do you want, Dylan?” I said coldly. He looked hurt by my tone. “I see you’ve set aside this special time to humiliate yourself in public.”

He winced and then said, “I just want to talk to you.”

I stood and tapped my foot impatiently against the floor, waiting for him to say whatever he wanted to. The sooner he says it, the sooner I’m free to rush home to Fabian.

“Can we go someplace less… public?” he said, gesturing to the few students who had stopped to listen.

I sighed and started walking out the door. He followed me silently to the courtyard, not saying a single word while we walked.

When I reached the place I wanted to, I sat down and leaned against the tree. The school was emptying quickly and I bet Jase would be waiting for me with the driver so we could go home. He stood awkwardly for a moment and then sat down next to me.

The seconds ticked by in silence.

“What do you want? Spit it out already so I can go home.” Seriously, can’t he remember the last time he met me? And that was only yesterday I think. It feels like a long time ago.

He looked at me with a sad face. “There’s no chance that you will ever get back with me again?”

I resisted the urge to snort. How could I make the answer any more obvious? “No.”

“And that boyfriend wannabe is honestly your… boyfriend?”

I only nodded, not trusting my voice.