Chapter 33: My Family's The Reason For My Stress

ELLIE’S P.O.V

It’s Saturday morning and I’m just lying in bed, chilling in Fabian’s arms. Yup, no way better to spend a Saturday morning.

Well, when I had come home Thursday night after my so-called ‘adventure’, mom and grandma had interrogated me until one in the morning. And they had let me go to bed only because I had school the next day.

Wait, did I mention they had declared me grounded until I turned ninety? For what reason, you ask. Apparently for no reason at all. I was too tired to protest so I just went straight to bed, not bothering to wait for Fabian to come out of the shower.

School yesterday was pure torture. Sure Fabian had met me at lunch, so my spirits had lifted momentarily. But as soon as he had left my mood had darkened considerably. I’m not going to bother denying that I was in a bad mood because I wasn’t with him. End of topic.

I sighed in contentment and snuggled deeper into his chest. His hand was weaving through my hair, lulling me back to sleep.

Who cares if I’m grounded? My sentence was like a heaven to me. Locked away in my room all day with the lo-like of my life and nobody to bother- who wouldn’t be happy?

I let out a huge yawn and felt his chest shake with laughter underneath me. “Do you have any idea what time it is?” I asked blearily.

“About to be twelve,” he answered. His voice sounded so peaceful and happy that it made me feel happy too.

“Wow, I’ve never stayed in bed for so long before. So, what do you want to do today?”

He was about to answer when his stomach rumbled. It sounded like some angry monster growling for food. I laughed as he pointedly looked at the ceiling.

“I guess you’ll want breakfast now. Hmm, I’m not in the mood of going down and sneaking you food all the way up here, so just get dressed and knock on the front door.”

“Lazybutt,” he smirked.

“Look who’s talking,” I said and rolled my eyes, getting out of bed. “And is that what you call your every girlfriend?” I repressed the thrill I felt when I said the word girlfriend.

He surprised me by saying, “Of course not! I call every person a lazybutt who actually is one. That includes you, Lee. I know, the truth hurts.” I punched him on the arm and he faked a hurt look. “And, by the way, you’re my first girlfriend.”

I masked my look of surprise by sticking out my tongue at him. “Quit wasting time.” And without further ado I strode into the bathroom and locked the door.

I was his first girlfriend. Wow, that is something. With his killer looks I had naturally assumed he must’ve had loads of girlfriends in the past. But to actually be his first… I shook my head.

As I took my morning shower, I began to wonder if I was his first kiss, too.

I snorted. That’s impossible! He was such a good kisser! So what if I was his first girlfriend (touchdown dance!) that doesn’t necessarily mean I have to be his first everything. It doesn’t mean he wouldn’t have played the field before I met him. But he doesn’t look like a player.

“Hola, people!” I sang as I skipped into the kitchen.

Grandpa looked up from his paper and grinned. “Looks who decided to grace us with her presence this morning.”

“I didn’t know you had any plans to get out of bed anytime soon, sleepyhead,” teased mom, sipping her cup of coffee.

I smiled sheepishly as I scratched the back of my neck. “Yeah… about that…”