Chapter 9: Wannabe and Bloodlust

I was the first to recover from shock.

I shook off Fabian’s arm of my shoulders and he frowned down at me. I smiled convincingly at Dylan, “No, he’s not. He’s just joking.” Wait, why was I reassuring him?

“Oh,” said Dylan and he visibly relaxed.

“No, I’m not,” said Fabian and put an arm around me again. "I am her boyfriend."

“No, he’s not,” I glared at him.

“Yes, I am,” he persisted.

“No, you’re not,” I said.

“Yes, I AM,” he said, his face threateningly darkening.

“No, YOU’RE NOT,” I said and turned towards him. “Ignore him.”

Dylan looked amused. He said to Fabian, “So you’re the wannabe boyfriend?”

No, he’s just a jerk of a vampire who likes to annoy the hell out of me.

Fabian didn’t reply, just glared at him.

The atmosphere was pretty tense and Fabian looked like he was about to rip Dylan’s head off for he was smirking smugly at him.

“Okay, Fabian, you said you’d decided what movie you wanted to watch,” I said, anxious to prevent bloodshed.

He blinked and looked down at me. He smiled, “Yeah, I want to watch The Exorcist.

“Okay, let’s go. Bye Dylan, “I said and pulled Fabian with me.

Once we were out of earshot, I hissed, “Fabian, you could’ve just said you were a friend. It could’ve saved me a whole lot of annoyance.”

“And miss the opportunity of annoying you? No way,” he chuckled. See what I mean?

I gave the popcorn to him and went to buy the tickets.

When we entered the hall, we took seats close to the front row. He gave me my popcorn and we waited for the movie to start.

“Have you seen it before?” he asked.

“No, I’m not much of the movie-goer,” I said.

“Oh, then you’re gonna love this. It’s a pretty old movie,” he rubbed his hands together in glee. I ignored him.

Just when the movie was about to start, a guy came and sat down on the seat next to me. I looked at him and saw it was Dylan.

I quickly looked away. I wasn’t quick enough.

“Hey, Ellie! You’re watching this movie, too?” he grinned.

I reluctantly looked at him, “Ye-eah.” What is he doing here?

Watching a movie, duh.

At the moment the movie started and few minutes into it, I realized what it was. A horror movie. Let’s just say I don’t have a very good experience with horror movies. Last time I’d watched one, I couldn’t go to sleep with the lights off.

“Fabian… Is this…?” I trailed off.

He was looking at me with amused eyes. He chuckled and nodded.

The part came when the girl turns her head around one-eighty degrees without moving her body.

I gulped and continued to watch.

It was getting scarier after each passing minute. I sunk low and put my hands on the arm-rests. Immediately, Dylan on my right grabbed my hand and squeezed it. I stared at him incredulously. He smirked back. I tried pulling it back but he held on tighter. I could feel the blush crawling towards my cheeks.