43

Henry Russels 

It's quiet for several minutes. 

'Cassian,' comes his answer and he becomes quiet.

Wade has a weapon. A secret weapon because not all the hunters are allowed to know about it. 'Cassian, what are you?'

A growl sounds and close to my face. I already knew that he moves fast. But his mistake is that he thinks that he can beat my ass. Wrong move. I don't move an inch. 'I'll keep asking until you answer. What are you?' Does Wade know what Cassian is? Is Cassian the weapon? Being all secretly about it, I'd say he is. 'And do you know that you're being used in a war that Wade is creating himself. A war between werewolves and hunters. Right now, he already knows about the Gifted and that's why there's a Deadpool.' I close my eyes to think. 'You might not have a family but are there others out there, just like you? As soon as this war is over between werewolves and the hunters, he will turn against you to kill every single one of us. If he discovers that there are more out there. Vampires, witches, demons, and angels. They will all end up on a new Deadpool. Simply because Wade made it his personal goal to wipe all the supernatural creatures of this planet.'

'You always talk this much?'

'Yes, because I'm a detective.' I nod to him. Knowing that he can see me. 'Have you killed others? Werewolves?'

Cassian moves quickly again to right in front of my face and growls again. 'Stop talking.'

Not that I'm impressed by him. Or that he scares me. Even his growl is different. Definitely no werewolf. 'Even if you help Wade with this war. What happens when it's over? Do you think he will let you go?'

'I'm not that naïve.' A snarl escapes his throat.

'No, you're just plain stupid.' I'm not finished talking or his fist hits the wall right next to my head.

'Next time, I won't miss.' He hisses in my face. His eyes all fiery orange.

Now, I just laugh at him. 'Is that supposed to scare me? Do I need to be afraid? Don't make me laugh.'

Cassian tilts his head a bit and is quiet for a minute. 'You're right.' His eyes meet mine. 'You're not scared. Your heartbeat is steady.' Apparently, that makes him think and he sits next to me.

Did I finally get to him?

'How many others did you meet?'

Now, we're getting somewhere. 'I know a few who are a were coyote, a werejaguar and twice a vampire. I know that there are others out there.' God, I even met a demon once but I was not what he was looking for, so he left me alone. 'Enough.' I reply with a sigh. 'You really want to get caught in the middle of this war?'

'You actually think that you can get us out of here?' Cassian doesn't even bother anymore to either scare me or to give short answers. Yet he remains sitting next to me.

'I don't think.' I smirk. 'I know I can.' 

Cassian hums. 'A little too confident.' 

I shake my head. Time to get Charlie away too. 'Is this room soundproof or not?'

'No, they can hear me sometimes.'

All I need to know. 'Charlie, are you close? Can you hear me?' I keep my fingers crossed. Hoping that he can hear me.

'I can. I'm not far away.' His voice comes through.

Good. 'Do you still need to do things here? Or can you leave?'

'I think it's about time I leave. Before I can do anything that will blow my cover...'

'Why not blow your cover but in a good way. Help us out of here, can you stand by with a van? How does this place look like? Are there many hunters?' I keep asking.

Charlie sighs. And in a good way. 'I like to leave with a bang anyway. I'll wait for you with a van. As soon as you break the door, you have four hunters in the hallway. Here above the ground, there are ten more hunters. The only way to help you is to stay in the van. Otherwise, they will take us all out.'

'That's okay. Stay in the van and be ready.' I turn my head to Cassian. 'Ready to leave?' I suppose I will get to see what he is. So he doesn't really have to say it. 

He nods. 'One small problem.' He takes a deep breath. 'This room and the hallway have a certain system to cool me off in a few seconds. So I'm not much of a help to take the hunters down.'

Alright. New strategy. 'Then stay behind me.' I get up and walk to the door. To inspect it fir stand I find the pin. Stupid assholes. With a smile, I let my fingers turn into claws and I can pull the pins out one by one. 'You're ready?'

'Yeah, I'm stuck here for six months. I'm done killing my own kind.'

I look at Cassian, who stands right next to the door. 'Then fight with us against the hunters. Let's make the world a better place for our own kind.' Now that I think about it, it might not even come to a big fight. We're not exactly killing machines and the only ones we do kill are rogues or hunters if they come to close to our land. 'You don't have to answer right now. Let's get out of here first.' I take a step back.' How fast does this cooling system work? Is it the moment that I break the door?'

'Probably. They don't take a risk with someone like me.' 

********************

Another update. Enjoy reading. 

This story is ending soon. Not many chapters are left. But for now, I hope you like it.