32

Henry Russels 

After ten more minutes, we're at the alpha house. Where I can see Oliver on the porch with his mate Brooke. The surprise is that he has a baby. 'Oh, he's cute. What's his name?' Yet I can't help it to feel it in my heart. Even being with Tomas, will never make it possible to have children with him.

'Tobiah.' Oliver comes up proud and with his son in his arms. Being no shy or what so ever, the baby holds his arms out to me. 'He's already loved by everyone here.' He strokes the baby over his head. 'Go to mommy, okay.' With a kiss, he hands the baby over to Brooke. 'I don't think this will take long.' This time to give her a kiss on her forehead and then to go inside to his office.

***

So far so good. Every time again, the alpha seems to be able to send his Gifted away. In Oliver's case, he kept two warriors to protect his own family. He even offered us a place to stay for the night but this time I reclined.

We're heading to the next pack. Devils Lake pack.

'Is it custom to name the pack after a town?' Tomas asks.

I'm slowly getting used to it that he talks more. Just like his questions, but Keaton and myself are more willing to answer those. 'It's easier than just to come up with a name for the pack, I suppose.'

Keaton agrees. 'Besides from that, some packs own a small town and usually, in that case, they just use the town's name for their pack.'

'Although it's a lot easier, I would recommend that you come up with a name yourself. Using a towns name, or from a lake, does give away your position. It's a risk you need to be able to take.' I continue. Only to be cut off by my phone. I recognize the number and I answer it quickly. 'Hey, what's going on?'

'A lot.' Charlie answers. 'First of all, I'm okay and they still have no idea. Second, there seems to be a connection with an Elder'sassistents.'

'Whoa, no names, please. I'm not alone and I don't know who's around right now.' I don't let him finish.

He sighs. 'Alright, I also know this, there will be two more lists. After America, they will turn their head to Europe. As soon as I can get my hands on it, I will send it to you. How is everything with you?'

I can't possibly know how he does it but I'm very thankful for everything he does. 'I think that we covered America by now. The team got bigger and everyone is on the road, spreading the word. Within a week we can have everybody alerted.' Even if Europe will be next, there is a group working there to let everyone know what we're facing here at the moment.

'I'm glad that everything works out. This need to be... Yeah, no, mum, everything is fine.'

The way he changes his voice and tone, makes my hair on my neck stand up. 'You can't talk anymore?' 

'No, and sorry, but it seems that my work is taking longer. I miss you.'

I can only laugh about it. 'Just be careful, alright.'

'Yeah, of course, always mum. Love you.'

The connection is off then and when I look up I can see two confused faces. 'He had a few hunters closeby. Only then that he does this.' I laugh about it. 'Don't worry, he knows what he's doing.' 

'Oh, that I know.' Keaton responds. 'There's a special force calledDivision and they have a few departments. I think Charlie is part of the Infiltration Division. That's how we can get information from time to time and to know what they're up too. To stay ahead of them, so that no one can get captured.' 

Tomas looks back and forth. 'But you can't warn all of them. I mean, the rogues would never know.'

'He has a point.' I smile to Keaton. This is gonna be fun. Especially now that Tomas can join the conversation. I love it already.

'Rogues are harder to handle. Even if we manage to encounter a few, warning them is useless because they only think of revenge or justice...'

I nod. 'Yeah, justice in like their claws and fangs. Rogues always show no mercy. If you're in their way, you better be one hell of a fighter or you run as fast as you can in the direction that he comes from. Most of them are on a hunt themselves.'

Tomas takes a step back, raising his arms. 'I have no experience with rogues.'

This is getting quite unique for him to talk this much. I love it. I really do, but where does this come from? Is he trying to talk more to me and giving Keaton the benefit of the doubt?

'Don't get used to this, by the way.' Tomas' eyes have something innocent about it. 'I'm trusting you more and more. I know that at some point I would start to trust Keaton a bit. But when it comes to bigger groups, I will be quiet again.'

I let Keaton get ahead of me. To stop myself and him. 'I can only say that I'm proud of you.' To move my head up to him and kiss his lips. Together we deepen the kiss at the same time. It's like he's slowly starting to grow. Maybe even growing towards his title and to be the alpha his pack needs. 'I like it.' I whisper almost breathless from the sweet kiss. 'It's like I can actually get to know you for who you are. I really like it.' Come on, find your confidence, your own faith. Be a man that I can look up to. After all, I'm no heir to some title. My father is a warrior and a detective.

'I like you too, Henry.' He bends his head a bit and starts to kiss my neck. 'And if you really want to know...'

A shiver rolls down my spine when he licks my neck.

'Your neck...' A lovely and light kiss follows. 'I like it because it's a weakness from you, but I also feel safe. I can hear your heartbeat when we fall asleep like that.'

I could swear that my heart just skipped a beat while growing with warmth from his words. 'I like it to have you in my arms. To protect you and keep you safe. You told me that it calms you down, listening to my heartbeat.'

'I really hate it to break you two like this, but we need to keep moving.' Keaton comes between it. 'Otherwise, you risk getting a text with names in it.'

Yeah, he's right about that. 'He's right too. There are too many dead, already. I don't know how much more I can take.' I give Tomas a short kiss.

Though, Tomas smiles at me and he grabs my hand. Continuing our journey. 'I need your help with something. But I can't...'

' I will do my best to help you. No matter what it is.' It's about him and if I can do something to help him, then yes I will. 'But first this Deadpool. My name is still on it and his too.' I point to Keaton, who's a few steps ahead of us.

He nods. 'Of course.' He brings our hands up and kisses the back of my hand.

Even now he talks, he's still a bit of a mystery. But most of all, full of surprises. The good kind of surprises.

*****************************

I know it's been way too long. Still, I want to thank everyone who've added On the Run to a list. I even have a few new followers, I can't thank you enough. 

And GoldenFlowerTragedy, I hope you like the story. Clearly, you reading the first part to this series. You keep coming up to vote to my chapters. I really like it. 

For those who've been waiting for quite some time, I really hope that I will have a normal upload schedule again. 

So, hopefully, I will see, hear and read your comments again. Don't forget to vote. :)