6

Henry Russels 

It's seriously ridiculous that decent clothes are required to attend a council meeting. I actually was able to borrow some clothes from Collin. Just a normal dark jeans with a black button down shirt. Although I kept the top few buttons open. Otherwise, I can't breathe.

Now I'm just waiting to go inside. The Elders are discussing why this meeting had to be tonight. I call my friend. Fingers crossed that he answers.

'Hey, I have to keep it short. What is it?'

'A few questions, actually. How does Wade get his hands on this list? And is it possible that what you gave me is just the tip of the iceberg? Will there be a bigger list?' These are probably questions I need to answer to the Elders.

A sigh is hearable. 'It looks like he has someone somewhere on the inside. He started to look around after we captured the rogue. And to be honest, you can count on it that the list will get bigger. I think that this is a start of a whole new hunt for these guys.' He takes a deep breath. 'Look, I don't know what is it yet but if I can get my hands on a new part of the list I will send it to you. I don't know what he's thinking but he still wants to kill every single one of us. Starting with the ones who have a gift.' He whispers. 'I have to go. I'll call you later when I have the chance. Good luck.'

'You too, be careful... Whoa, stop, this insider for Wade, any idea who that might be?' I can see that Keaton comes out and makes a finger gesture for me to follow. I keep one finger up as in I need a moment.

'No, but maybe I can find out. However, I need to be careful and cover my tracks. This is dangerous, Henry. If you don't hear from me in a week then it's over for me. They would interrogate me first and then kill me.'

I do not like it that he seriously wants to risk his life for this. 'Be really careful and cover your back. In about a month, if possible, I want to see you again. Good luck.' I hang up and put my phone in my pocket.

'They're ready to see you know. Try to answer most questions and don't lie. They will know it.' He smiles faintly.

I shrug my shoulders. 'I don't see the point in lying anyway. The truth will always come out.' We walk inside and I can see a large round table. Every single Elder seems to be dressed just like I am right now. Still in normal clothes. Maybe some might have their own business or something.

'Henry Russels, first of all, welcome.' A man starts in a black suit with a tie. It all suits the man and add some authority to his attitude. 'It has come to us that there is important information for us. Information that came to you and you asked, via Keaton, to move the meeting up for tonight...'

'This better be good because time is money.' Someone cuts the man off. 'I still have things to do tomorrow.'

'Unless the hunters find you first and kill you.' I respond quickly and yet making eye contact with the man who was talking first.

Only that he crosses his arms. 'I don't listen to threats from you, boy.'

I take the list, which I wrote down for this meeting. Just like I look at the man who seems to be the leader. 'This is just a small list of names of Gifted who got into the hands of hunters.' I give him the list. 'The hunter I'm talking about is Wade Cooper and he just started to hunt us, the Gifted.'

'What is this? A hitlist?'

A few respond like I was hoping for. Shocked and surprised. 'No.' I say shaking my head. 'It's more a Deadpool and it's just a matter of time before he will have all our names. However, this small list might be distributing already under the hunters.' I can see that someone turns a bit pale. 'We need to act fast and alert the others.' I look at Keaton. Who just nods to me in an encouraging way. 'I hate to say this but leave the pack. You would be safer on your own, otherwise, you would put the whole pack in danger as well.' I swallow because every Elder has their eyes on me. I can do this.