28

Henry Russels 

Silently, I try to get myself dressed. However, the moment I open up the door I can see someone coming up with flowers in a vase. Roses, even better. I hold the woman and pick a rose out of it. Together with a sign to keep it quiet. Her eyes get bigger for a second and she nods. Continuing her way further.

I lay the rose on my pillow so that Tomas will be able to find it. I could never stay long in bed after I wake up. Sleep in, love. I caress his cheek softly. Then to walk out of the room and go downstairs.

It looks like the whole house is still asleep. Though, it didn't last long because I find Keaton in the kitchen together with Declan.

'You're up early.' Declan looks at the clock. Showing that it's six in the morning.

'Always.' I open a cabin to find a cup. To pour me some coffee. 'When does the cleaning start?'

Keaton raises his brows. 'I didn't know until I walked by your room.' 

'I didn't know you had it in you to be quiet.' Declan smirks. 'And in about ten minutes the cleaning start. We need to be quick before the children wake up.' He looks to my neck while I sip from my coffee.

I shake my head. 'Wrong side. It's on my left.' I know that hiding it would make things worse. Besides, they can smell it too. 'If we fall asleep he has his head on that side too.'

'You always fall asleep like that?' Keaton asks.

My turn to grin. 'Yeah, you wouldn't know because somehow you're able to fall asleep within a few minutes.' I'm pleased to see that Keaton is the one with a blush on his cheeks. 'And yes, always on my left.' There's a reason for it but that is something they don't have to know. I finish my coffee. 'Let's start with the cleaning, shall we? That way the children can play outside again. You have a place in mind for the bodies?'

'Deep in the forest. The children won't come there without supervision.' Declan answers.

'And the men would know, so they won't let them go too deep.' I understand. I put my cup in the sink. 'I'd say, we go.'

Declan nods and gets up from his chair. 'You didn't have breakfast.'

'Coffee is breakfast.' I wink at Keaton while I push Declan towards the door. 'How's Jaelynn anyway?'

'She's fine.' The laugh on his face shows in his eyes. 'Her mother surprised her for a weekend away and take massage, pedicure and... God knows what else. It's a weekend away for her mother, her sister and herself.'

I get the underlying message. 'So that's why you're so happy. She wasn't here last night and that gives you some peace of mind, I suppose.'

He growls a bit and we reach the bodies at the back of the house. 'That just shows that we do know each other.'

'Nah, what makes you think that.' With a grin on my face, I pick up two bodies. To follow my friend to a place deep in the forest.

Only to start laughing now. 'Oh, I don't know. You came here a few times and we trained together.'

'I'm just messing with you.' In an open place in the forest, I drop the bodies. Together with Declan who was carrying two bodies as well. 'I'm not staying for that long anymore, Dec.'

'I already knew.' He smiles. 'If Jaelynn lets me, then we will have a child next year. I want you to meet him.'

Yeah, but you seem to forget that I don't make promises. The only promise I made, is with Tomas because I don't want to lose him. 'We'll see what will happen after the Deadpool. There's still enough to do for me.'