42

Henry Russels 

Finally, we arrived at the Crestline pack. Where Keaton said he would call the Elders. Hoping that they have a plan by now. Me, myself, I'm just walking around in the forest. Trying to find something from the hunters. They must have been here already.

I had to convince Tomas to let me go on my own. Now it's time to work altogether. For me, that means to walk into a trap. Trying to find out what Wade has for a weapon.

'Well, well, what do we have here.' A voice comes to me.

Though, it's no surprise. His heartbeat gave him away. Just like it's beating faster, while he points a gun at me. It's still Los Angeles and Wade lives here. 'Do you just want to kill me or do you want the bounty and take me to Wade?' I'm pretty sure that he will take me to Wade. As a hunter he knows about the list and that Wade is training them. So he calls the shots.

A low and soft growling get to me. I should've known that Tomas would still be close.

'Well, make your choice. Or I will get help real soon and you will be dead.' I'm not even gonna tell this guy that I walked in on him because I wanted to be captured. I will not give in to that satisfaction.

The guy acts quick and he puts handcuffs on my hands and on my back.

Not being able to see me, I roll with my eyes. Seriously? I can break these easily. However, I don't and let him take me away.

'Be careful. I love you.' Tomas whispers but it sounds like he's standing right next to me.

I turn my head a bit. 'Love you too.' I follow the man. 'See you soon.' In the small van, I notice that there are two more hunters. Both with a shotgun pointed to me. Still, those two idiots smile to me. Like they're happy with their catch. Not impressed. I know that I can take them out fast and easy. Let's just enjoy a free ride and find out about this weapon. I lean back and close my eyes. Softly I tick my foot against my other. That way I can tell how far I am from Crestline.

It takes two hours before we finally stop. By listening, I know that we leave the city. Now, I can hear the ocean. Are we seriously close to Santa Monica? You operate from your home right now? What a foolish wimp.

'Alright, get up!'

I growl because of the sudden sunlight and the order to get out of the van. Mostly because they use their shotgun to keep a distance between themselves and me.

'You stupid mutt.'

I recognize Wade in an instant. Look who's more stupid. Do you really think that you can keep me here? I'm here voluntary. My eyes go around the place and I can see Charlie standing. Okay, he's fine and still has his cover.

'Claud.' Wade begins. 'Let this stupid mutt see what we do with his kind.'

Oh, this is gonna be easier than I thought. Yet my wolf is snarling at me. Right. Getting in is easier than to get out of it. And I still need Charlie to stay here. So it will be just me. I have to free myself out of here later.

'Let's go, you filthy animal.' Claud grabs me roughly and takes me downstairs. At the bottom, we follow the hallway to a few prison cells. He brings me to the last one and opens a door. 'I brought you something. Make us proud and maybe we'll let you be free soon.' 

This is where he wants to lock me up? I use my wolf eyes to take a look when Claud pushes me inside. Closing the door real quick. I have honestly no idea who's in here. But then I see it. Two fiery eyes are looking at me. They glow in the dark. The color looks like a mix of orange and red. More like fire.

Suddenly a fist comes at me and I duck fast. He moves so fast that I have trouble to see something. It's almost pitch dark in here and I don't know who I'm fighting. 'I can get you out of here.'

This time his fist stops just in front of my face. 'Impossible.'

Is it me or is it getting warmer in here? 'You don't really pronounce that good. It's "I'm possible". Nothing is impossible, as you call it.' By listening, I can tell that he backs away. Feeling the air change a bit to something cooler. 'You're no werewolf, so what are you?'

'Something beyond your imagination.'

'Try me.' I know that other creatures exist too. Like vampires, demons, angels, witches. It's all real. But we all have our own lands. In the forest, there are werewolves, were-coyotes, and others. But it's us, who is in control. In colder lands where it's more dark than light, it's the vampires. That's how it works.

His fist comes up again but my eyes have used to the dark, so I catch his fist. Though, I can feel his hand warm up instantly. 'So... you don't want to get out of here. Save your own kind.' I try again.

'I don't have a family anymore.'

I just let myself fall down the wall to sit down. 'Don't even try, I can see you coming right now.' I sigh. Alright, I can't risk Charlie to help us get out. He doesn't even know about this guy. 'What's your name?'

'What's with all the questions? You are here with me, that means that I have to kill you.' 

I can see that his eyes glow up again. Telling me where he is. 'Well, I will get out of here and right now I'm considering if I should take you with me. If you are something like me... I mean a supernatural creature, then you will end up on the enemy list of Wade.' How come that Wade has a weapon that needs to remain a secret even for the other hunters? Wait? 'I'm just asking for your name. That is not a hard question? Or is it?' 

****************

And another update. This time faster than the other time. ;p 

Thank you so much for reading, voting, and commenting. Share it too with others if you like. 

The next chapter is coming real soon. Maybe I'll keep Sunday as my update day. So, for now, I say thank you, enjoy your day and I'll see you with the next update.