34

Tomas Donovan 

This is honestly the best day of my life. Not only did I had some time with Henry together but he marked me as well. How stupid it may sound, I'm actually quite proud of it. Now he really is mine. The way I had him in my arms under the shower. I can hear my wolf being so happy with it.

At dinner, it felt a bit awkward at the dining table. Now, I'm happy that we left. According to Henry, we're on the way to the Red Lake pack in Minnesota and just past Four Town. It seems we're getting close now.

As we walk between the trees, I can hear someone coming. I guess they know that we're here. The sound of Henry's phone breaks the silence. A message, I understand.

Henry takes his mobile phone out of his pocket.

The first thing, I notice is that his hand starts to shake. The expression on his face. He's shocked and in his eyes, the tears are building up.

'No.' Henry whispers under his breath. Everything around him smells like sadness, shocked but at the same time, I can hear his heartbeat going frantically fast. Being breathless he looks up to me. A few tears roll down his cheek. Only that his eyes seem to roll away and right before my eyes, he falls down.

Though he can't hit the ground because I catch him. What the hell! What made it happen that he faints? Henry, come on, don't do this to me. I keep one arm around him, as I try to pick up his phone. Which felt on the ground. I try to see what it was but the screen went back to normal with a small icon in the left upper corner. A text. 'Henry.'

Keaton turns around because of it. 'We should be there almost... What happened?'

I can only lift Henry up, bridal style or we have like five warriors around us. 'Help me.'

'This way.' A guy nods with his head.

No matter what they want, they have to wait. Henry first. 'Come on.' Worried sick, I follow the warriors to apparently the pack land. I bite my lip so I don't burst out in tears myself. I want to know what it is, that it made Henry faint. I don't like it.

'Over here, the doctor is already alerted.' His brown eyes are anxious to know what is going on, yet he knows what to do.

I'm happy about that because all I want is for Henry to wake up. 'Henry?' I whisper while walking inside a house.

'Come here, big guy. I will check him first.' A doctor comes to me, showing a bed where I can put him. 'Can you wait outside the...'

I shake my head. 'No.' You can't make me. He's mine and I'm not leaving this room until he wakes up.

'He's your mate, alright.' The doctor sighs. 'I want everyone out. Except for you.' He looks at me when he takes his stethoscope to examine Henry.

Even though I let him examine Henry, I still hold his hand. Looking at his face.

'His heartbeat seems alright.' The doctor does a few things. 'His blood-pressure is good too. If he fainted than he should wake up soon...'

'What is going on in here?'

I growl without looking who it is. Only that I bend to Henry, giving him a kiss on his temple. Wake up, babe. I love you.

'That won't work on me. Doc?'

'He fainted. That's how he was brought here. I just checked him and his vitals are good, alpha.' The doctor explains. 'He should wake up soon. Go easy on him, since he fainted.' The man looks at me. 'After he drinks something he can leave.

Because of that, I turn my head. The alpha stands confident, dominant and full of self-esteem. Nice brown hair. His eyes are more dark brown with just a bit friendliness and respect in it. Even the way he dresses is casual. His dark jeans with a black henley shirt on it. His shirt fits just perfectly on his fit body. Even showing his six pack a little bit. 

Hm, I think I'm taller than him. Why would I care about that? I turn back, gently caressing the back of Henry's hand. Sometimes I kiss it, while I let my hand run through his hair. It's disheveled because of me. God, how many times I mess with his hair when we just cuddle. 'Wake up.' 

'You're mates.' The alpha sounds. His voice seems warm and soft. It suits him. 'How long are you together?'

Does this guy really want to start a conversation? All I want right now is for Henry to wake up. I don't answer him and my eyes go back to my mate. Lying motionless on the examination table from the doctor.

'Not so long, I guess but yet it's official.' He sighs. 'I'm Blake Jeffries, the alpha of the pack. My mate, the luna, is Josh Paisley. You'll meet him later.'

For a second, I look up to him.

'I don't mind.' Blake shakes his head. 'This is your mate that we're talking about so you're more worried for him. I understand.' 

It seems like I'm an open book to this guy and I don't like it. But then, I feel a slight movement of Henry's hand. 'Henry?' I wait anxiously for any sign that would tell me that he's waking up.

To see a movement again. Only this time it's his hand. I kiss the back of his hand and I lay my head down half on his chest, close to his neck. To listen to his heartbeat. It really does beat normally. To calm myself down, I inhale his scent. The way he smells with oak wood, nutmeg. A little bit of the aloë vera from the shampoo. All mixed with a bit of my own scent on him. Just smelling all that and hearing his heartbeat, calms me down in a few seconds. Making me hiding my head in the crook of his neck. It's really his own essence that smells the best out of everything. 

*******************************

For those, who've been waiting for a long time. 

I'm sorry. I hope to get a weekly calendar soon and I will write it down to upload once a week. That way I can't forget. :) 

Thank you, for still sticking around. Don't forget to comment and vote. Share it too if you like it. Hope to see your reaction with the next update.