35

Henry Russels 

I feel something in my neck and I open my eyes. Due to the light, I blink a couple of times before I notice someone next to me.

Silently the man nods to my other side.

Carefully I turn my head slowly. To see Tomas and it all comes back at me. Tears seem to come up on their own when I think of the text I got from Charlie. Which is the third part of the Deadpool. From all the names that could be on it, I never even once thought that they would be on it too. But it's there. It's what shocked me the most, to see my fathers name on the list.

A sob sounds but it doesn't come from me. I squeeze his hand a little. To let him know, that I'm back. He must have caught me. Because of the moment, everything turned black, I thought I would hit the ground. It happened all so quickly.

'Wake up.'

'I am.' I answer softly.

Making his head jump up. Next thing he does, is nuzzling with his nose in my neck. 'I'm so worried.' A light kiss follows.

'You have to drink something first before the doctor allows you to walk away.'

I think it's the alpha. Unless Kevin is still calling the shots around here. With my eyes, I follow him, when he taps water out in a plastic cup. 'Here.'

I hug Tomas a bit and give him a kiss.

Tomas lifts himself up and helps me to sit up.

'I'm Blake Jeffries, the alpha of the Red Lake pack.' He introduces himself. 'Who are you? Besides that, I know that your first name is Henry.'

I gulp my water down. 'I'm Henry Russels and I'm here to talk to you but in your office. It's confidential.'

Blake nods with a smile. 'That's where I do most of my business anyway.'

I follow Blake, with Tomas next to me, to his office in the alpha house. Before we're there, a guy comes up and gives Blake a hug.

'Don't you ever do that again.'

Blake grins when he puts his arms around him. 'I had to be quick. Sorry.' He turns around. 'Henry and Tomas are here for me. This is Josh, my mate and the luna of the pack.' He introduced us to each other. 'They're here to talk to me in my office.'

'Okay, after that lunch? Just you and me.'

'That is if you can ditch Priscilla somehow.' Blake smiles and gives his mate a kiss.

Wow. I'm surprised that his mate is a guy. Though it seems that no one has a problem with it. 'Priscilla?' I ask.

'Josh! Josh!' A little girl runs up to us. 'Vince is bullying me again.' She looks up to him with tears in her eyes.

'You're a big girl, Priscilla, you can say something back.' Josh picks her up.

'No I'm not.' She sobs childish and hides her head in his neck.

I have to say that the little girl is cute. I can't even hide a smile.

'Oh, yes you are. Come on, honey.' Josh walks away. 'But I did just promise Blake that we'll have lunch together. That means just him and me.'

'No! Stay here.' Stubborn she shakes her head.

'Priscilla, I want some time with him alone. He's still my fiancée.' Josh answers while walking to the pack house. Recognizable because it's the biggest house here. 

Blake sighs. 'Priscilla is really fond of Josh. But she's not ours.'

I turn back. 'You're engaged?'

A proud and happy feeling radiates from him. 'Yes, I proposed to him a few months ago.' He laughs a bit. 'But I doubt it, that you're here to talk about our wedding. Which will be in seven months from now.' This time he leads us to his office. 

I walk inside to see that Tomas stays in front of the door. Turning his back and crossing his arms. I don't even have to ask. 'I don't have good news, Blake, if I can call you that? The last time I was here, Kevin was the alpha... and that like nine months ago.' 

'It's okay, Henry.' He assures me. 'It's still my name and I listen to that too. What did you want to talk about?' He signs with his hand so that I can sit down. 

'Thank you.' I sigh. 'You know about the Gifted?' 

'I do.' 

I suppose his father taught him everything already and fast too. 'It's about them.' I take out my phone. I hate to do this because I don't like it to see my fathers name on it but I have to. 'The hunters know about the Gifted and there's a Deadpool with their names on it.' I show him the pictures from the list.

Blake growls. 'Hold on.' He leaves the office. 'Don! Morgan! Get here, now!'

I hear his alpha voice. It's quite deep and raw. Damn, he has a voice.

'What's going on?'

'Inside.' Blake holds the door and two men come walking in. After that, he closes it. 'Show it to them. Don first.' 

I can only nod and give my phone to the one he calls Don.

'What the hell! My name is on this... So is yours, Morgan.' Don looks at the other one.

Shocked that Morgan grabs my phone.

Right. So this will be rather difficult. 'It's a Deadpool with the names on it from the Gifted. Our names. I'm here, with Keaton to alert the others. Hunters are after us.'

'Nothing new there.' Don snickers.

'Yeah, but this Deadpool is.' Morgan comments. 

**************************

We're slowly going toward the end of this story. Still, if you have any comment, let me know. And don't forget to vote. ;)