17

Tomas Donovan 

Sometimes I can hear a word or two but I shut myself off from that. I know Henry didn't ask me this if it wasn't important. Now I just have to keep everyone out of the office.

I can't believe that so much has happened in my life in just a matter of days. The day that Henry rescued me from the hunters, was the day I felt something new. A sort of pulling that was somehow directed towards him. For the first time in the year that I'm traveling, I felt my heart jump. Instead of the loneliness that I usually feel, it's something else.

Now if I see him, I can hear my heartbeat skipping a beat or that it just beats faster than normal. Like all my emotions come back to me. Almost to feel like I'm alive again.

Thinking about it takes my mind to go back to last night. The heat I felt, the arousal around him. Not to mention the moment I kissed him. The tingles in my body, feeling warm and loved for a moment. But the most overwhelming was that I felt that I had to let him bite me. Like my heart was begging for a bite from him. Never have I ever felt a connection like that than last night.

For a second I close my eyes. His scent is a fresh combination of nutmeg and oak wood. I like it on him. Also that I have the feeling that I can trust him. That he won't just go blattering around my secret. I know that there will be a time that I can trust him all the way to tell him. Right now, I want to keep it like it is between us. For all the times that I felt being kept in the dark. Having no rest or what so ever. I only have to see Henry, have him closeby, and I can feel his calming peace of mind. Which seems to have an effect on me every time again. Even now, with a door between us, I can still smell his scent.

God, this morning was good. To wake up like that in his arms. It's not like it felt weird. No, God no! It seems like I can be myself again. I know that for a long time my sadness and emptiness took a hold on my heart. But since he bit me, I feel relieved. My hand comes up and I rub my right shoulder. Where he bit me and now it's all healed. Together with his warning earlier today. I know I have to keep it a secret. After all, normally only an alpha would know who's Gifted in his pack. So yeah, I can consider myself lucky. Being helped by a Gifted and to know who he is.

'Hey Tomas, right?' Ken comes inside.

I nod to him. Just because I know Henry a bit, doesn't mean I have to be all social with everyone here. I was never really good with that.

'Is Chase inside?' He points to the door behind me.

This time I make myself bigger by crossing my arms and stand with a straight back. Knowing that attitude and body language can say more than just words.

'There's a meeting inside, isn't it?'

I keep my eyes blanc for as much as possible. Looking for a place right behind him. My lips in a straight line.

Ken sigh. 'And if it was meant for me, then I would be inside instead of standing here. You're standing here like a bodyguard. Is that what you are for Henry? He's actually quite easy going and he can stand up for himself.' He laughs a bit. 'So what are you to him?'

Does this guy really expect an answer? Not that I will give it to him. Slowly I make some eye contact but not for long or I focus on a spot behind him again.

'Right, it's complicated. Henry said it.' A bit beaten, Ken bites his lip. 'Any idea how long it will take?'

I don't know and I don't care. For all the things that Henry did for me, I can do this in return. I will not let this guy go in the office. Everything that's discussed in there is confidential information.

'I'll come back later.' When Ken reaches the front door, the door behind me opens. 'Timing.' He comes back with a smile. 'Chase.'

Though the alpha doesn't seem to be happy at the moment. 'Not now, Ken. Or is it really important?'

Ken looks baffled at his alpha. 'I guess it can wait.'

'Thanks. I'm upstairs.' Chase walks up but stops halfway. 'I need some time with Larsyn.' Then he disappears.

'Thank you, Tomas.' Henry says with a look in his eyes that I don't know. But it lasts for like a second or his eyes are his normal self again.

I nod to him and stay a few steps behind him. When it comes to socialize and big groups, I still don't like it. I think that that will never change. And that I will always be the quiet one. Listening to others.

I follow Henry back to the packhouse. Clearly that he goes upstairs to a guest room. As soon as I close the door, he comes to me and puts his arms around me. Quietly I accept his hug while getting to the bed. Not able to resist it, I lay my head in his neck. Sniffing his scent gets me to snuggle my head in the nook of his neck.

He calms down and his scent changes a little. At first, it was a bit down, maybe even numb with his heartbeat going faster than normal. But now, he calms down instantly and he smells like his oak wood and nutmeg. Together with mint, from the shampoo, he used with his shower. 'Thanks, for not only staying at the door but for this too. I need it, I suppose.'

Hmm, I think I just found his tick. He uses the words 'I suppose' a lot. That's what you get by being more of an observer than actually to anticipate in a conversation. 'It's okay.' I whisper in his neck under my breath.

Causing him to shiver and he lifts my head up. 'We're staying here for the night. We leave tomorrow. Preferably early. Chase knows about it.'

Yeah, I thought he would. He has some mission. One of the few words I heard was 'Deadpool' and 'Gifted'. Making me think that there's a Deadpool with the names of the Gifted. Henry's name is on it, I'm sure of it. But anyone who will get to close to him... Who am I kidding? I haven't fought in like forever. As soon as we faced the hunters, I hid behind Henry. I need to train again and quick. Especially if I want to keep him safe. 

**********************

And a chapter from Tomas' POV. 

Although, I won't use Tomas for a POV much. That way, he'll be more of a mystery. You'll see/ read yourself. ;) 

See you the next time.