11

Henry Russels 

Together with Tomas, we continue our journey to other packs. This time close to the land of the Blackleaf pack. Taking just a few short breaks for something to eat and some rest. Now I just want to get to a pack for safety. The hunters I took out the other night will be found at some point. If that happens we get again hunters after us.

I look at the man next tome. Tomas seems to be able to keep up with no problem. Almost like he's used to traveling. 'How long do you travel?' I try to start a conversation.

Tomas just keeps looking in front of him. His eyes with a blank expression.

Why does he do this? If I feel being pulled to him, doesn't that mean that he feels it as well. I stop him for a second. 'Tomas, we're traveling together now, so I would like to get to know you a little. Why won't you talk?'

Still, the man remains quiet. No reaction or what so ever.

'Is it because of what happened to you?' I try again. 'I'm not saying that you need to tell me everything but just a little. Like where do you come from? How old are you? Small things, you know. I don't want your entire past because I know that that is not going to happen but talk to me.' Quickly I look behind me to see if Keaton still follows.

In just a blink of an eye, Tomas stands right behind me. Causing me to look forward. Where I can see a familiar face. Wade. Damn it! I should've been paying attention to my surroundings. I would've known then.

Especially since the whole forest is quiet. Not a mouse or a bird is hearable. Just the heartbeats from the hunters right in front of me. Only the darkness which crawls his way on the forest now the sun is down.

'Well thank you for bringing him back to me.' Wade smirks. But not for long. 'Did you really dropped my van into the ocean, you mongrel?'

Now I'm the one not to say anything anymore. Yet I look around to see a recognizable face. Oh, this will be easy.

'Have you lost your tongue?' Wade seems to be happy with his catch. 'Tie them up.' Immediately a few of the man come to me.

Although one of them tie ropes around my hands and with my hands on my back. 'We're heading for Montana.' The man whispers.

I can feel that the ropes are not that tight. With a comforting look, I turn to Tomas. To assure him that this won't take long. Montana. Exactly where I need to go. So this is gonna be a free ride and goes a lot quicker. Next time we travel like a wolf. Otherwise, we lose too many time.

'Take them to the van.' Wade command and he turns around to lead the way. 'Oh, Charlie, you stay with them in the back of the van.'

The man next to me nods. 'Yes, sir.'

Then it gets quiet and not ten minutes later we reach a black van. Together with four black SUV's. The van is the last one and we can get in one by one. Until we're all in and someone closes the door. With a simple knock on the van, probably as a sign, we start moving.

Charlie smiles. 'Alright, come here.'

I turn around with my back to him. 'They don't suspect you in any way?'

'Why would they?' He frees us all from our ropes. 'The drive takes a few hours.' Charlie gets his phone out. 'I couldn't call you for a while because we had a leak. But I have that sorted out.'

He frees Tomas and immediately Tomas grabs him by the neck. Like he's a threat or something.

Yet I know better. 'Tomas, let him go.' I lay my hand on his shoulder to calm him down. 'He's on our side.' I turn his head to see his eyes. 'Stop it.'