Tomas growls as a warning.

This time Charlie shows his hand. Which have some claws. 'I have worked too hard to get in this position. I will not let anyone take that away from me.' He acts so quickly and pushes Tomas in my arms. 

'Will you calm down before you expose all of us.' I hold his chin, making him look at me. 'He's like us. If you don't believe him then believe me.' His face is just inches away and I can't help it that my eyes wander off to his lips.

Finally, Tomas' eyes soften and he relaxes. Burying his face in my neck. For what looks like an apology from him.

'It's okay.' I hear my own phone and take it out of my pocket. 'Is anyone else on that list being killed or what?'

Keaton looks shocked to me.'Henry?'

'Lower your voice.' Charlie replies quick. 'Do you want all of us to get caught. We'll get a bullet straight away. There's another list, and to answer your question, no. I had to do it and I have my own weapons.' He winks at me.

I look at my phone. To see a list of twelve names again.

'What? So you kill werewolves?' Keaton is surprised but yet he lowers his voice.

Charlie shakes his head. 'No, you idiot, I shoot with small arrow-like bullets. It makes it look like your dead. But when you wake up you only have a headache.' He turns to me. 'Here.'

I get his gun from him. 'Why, it would look like your dead.'

'No, there is another one in it. That one only makes you numb for a while.'

With a sigh, I take the gun.It's a way out. I so called overpowered him and shot him to get out. 'Where are they taking us?' I need to head towards north of Montana.

'South.' He answers. 'There's an abandoned military base close to the border to Idaho that they use for operations like this. I give it half an hour and you need to go. Shoot me, and throw the gun away. I'll find it back. 

'Why are you doing this?' Keaton asks.

'Because it's my job.'Charlie sighs. 'And I don't want any other to get killed.' Now he shows to the others that he's like us. A  werewolf. 'This is just the second list and I'm pretty sure that there will be two or three more. I think Wade wants to wipe out all the Gifted first before going back to his original plan and kill the normal werewolves again.'

'If you can't just call me, text me sometimes.'

Keaton looks a bit confused. 'How long do you know each other?'

'We go back for like a year.' I answer myself. 'Keaton, this is not the time nor the place for that conversation. Can you wait?'

Charlie turns his head towards Tomas. 'Hey, big guy, you can break the door open.' Now to smile at me. 'Shoot me.'

'Are you sure?' I still don't like this.

He nods. 'Do it now.'

Tomas comes in action and he gives Charlie a fist before ramming the door. Something that doesn't happen completely silently.

It's a good thing that the van is all the way in the back.

'Come on, Henry, shoot me. You're safe and you won't kill me. Only to put me asleep.' Charlie insists. 'This is the best way and you will have a head start again. Do it.'

Next thing I know, is that he comes at me with his fists in the air. My mind takes over and I pull the trigger. To feel him grab my shirt.

'We'll talk soon. You know the drill. If you don't from me in a week.' He whispers in my ear. A bit of a hug follows but then he falls backward on the ground of the van.

I kneel next to him. 'I'm sorry.' This is why I hate weapons. They can be used against you. Most of the time it's lethal and you can't come back from it. 'Goodluck.' I put the gun on my back in the band of my pants with my shirt and jacket over it. I get my backpack, what they've taken away to tie me up and throw it out the van onto the grass.

Tomas jumps out in almost a gracious way. To land safely in the grass and he goes through his knees. Keeping himself hidden from anyone. 

'Keaton.' He's next. I will follow after him. 'Now, go.'

He hesitates.

'Tomas is waiting and he will catch you. Go.' I push him a little. This time he jumps. Everything tells me that he doesn't like it, being in this kind of situations. I jump with a small run-up. When I land I take a roll and end up in a couple arms. 

************************

I kinda like Tomas. Being a big guy, not afraid of a fight, and yet to seek shelter in Henry's arms. What do you think? 

At least, they're safe again. But for how long????