Chapter 10

(Sapphire)

Anko stood at the gate and had a smug look on her face. She was very confident, the type that likes to take charge. To be honest, I didn't trust it one bit.

"Alright," she started, "Everyone please take your positions!"

Naruto, Sakura and Sasuke all have a nod and we stood up. We walked in front of the gate and I tried to keep a calm face.

I was really about to shit my pants. I didn't know what was awaiting me in the forest and all I had to go off of was Anko's craziness.

"Ready..." Anko said as she raised a hand in the hair. "Go!" She throw her and down and he gate opened.

Everyone jumped at the chance to get in and set whatever traps they imagined. They were weirdly fast and just... vanished. Naruto and the team went in as well. I tried to keep up, but ended up losing them really quickly.

"Great!" I sighed to myself as I looked around. There was no one around, but I could feel someone approaching. It was a weird guy who had a flicking tongue like a snake.

"I already found one," he whispered to himself as he licked his thumb. Weirdo.

"I don't have a scroll!" I yelled in defense, hoping he would move on.

"No need!" He extended his neck and it flew towards me. With no place to run, I froze in place. He bit me and it hurt for a little, but stopped close to right away. He kept looking at me as if he expected something.

"You must be very strong," he smirked, but then frowned. "How can you do all those jutsus, but not have chakra?"

"Don't assume my level of chakra! I barely know what that is!" I yelled in defense. He came closer to me and inspected the place where he bit.

"No need for me to stay here. You are not what I'm looking for," he then disappeared.

"Well, wasn't he a weirdo?" I whispered to myself as I let him go. He said he wasn't what he was looking for, so I felt no need to follow him. But what was he trying to do to me?

"Who's there?!" Someone asked harshly. The dirt trickled into my sandals, but I shock it off. But then I realized that it wasn't dirt, it was sand. I could also tell that someone was controlling it because it wouldn't stop moving.

"Why are there so many weirdos in this forest, test thing?!" I groaned to myself as I continued to fend off the dirt, sand, thing. I used water to slow it down and I heard someone gasp.

"She didn't have to cast any hand signs," What I thought was a girl whispered.

"Please," I started as I put my hands up, "I don't want any harm. I don't even have the scroll."

A group of three jumped down from a nearby tree and the sand thing stopped moving. It was a group of 2 boys and one girl. The girl had blonde hair and a huge fan on her back. One of the boys had purple face paint and was carrying something on his back and he last boy and red hair and a gourd on his back.

"What do you want?" I asked hesitantly.

"Nothing. At least nothing anymore," the girl said.

"You're cute!" the boy with purple face paint exclaimed. The girl hit him over the head with her fist and looked at me.

"I'm sorry about him. We'll be leaving now," she said as she backed away.

"Wait!" I exclaimed before she looked like she was going to disappear. "I need some help if you wouldn't mind. I can't find my team and I need help."

"Well, Gaara?" She asked the boy with he red hair.

"I don't care," he said harshly.

"Ok, then please follow me," she walked in front of me. The red haired stayed behind and walked behind me, clearly for precaution. He seemed the strongest out of all of them simply from his glare.

"Is your name Gaara?" I asked hoping to reduce the tension.

"Yes," he said coldly and continued to walk. He didn't say anything else. I frowned and sighed. The girl in front of us looked as though she was going to do that thing at Naruto and all them did.

"Wait!" I said frantically. She stopped and looked at me oddly. "I'm sorry, but if you vanish or whatever I can't keep up. That's how I lost my team in the first place. I'm sorry for bothering all of you."

"Don't worry about that," she said softly as she loosened and continued to walk. They quickened the pace and I worked to keep up.

A team appeared in front of us, but they didn't seem particularly worried. I looked around confused.

"Aren't you going to do something?" I whispered to the red head. I felt like he smirked at my question as he raised his hand. Sand traveled across the floor and enclosed one  of the boys. They all watched in horror, and so did I.

"What was he going to do?" I keep thinking to myself.

Then he closed his hand into a fist and said, "Sand Coffin."

The sand turned into spikes and kabobbed the man. Blood exploded everywhere and I felt sick to my stomach. I ran to a nearby tree and knelt beside it.

"Sorry," the girl said as she patted my back. "Let it out." I spat on the ground and cried.

"That poor boy," I kept thinking to myself.

           (Kankuro)

"Isn't that the girl you were looking at?" I finally got to ask my brother after we fostered the girl into our group.

"Yes," he responded. "She's different than the rest of them."

"Aww! My brother has a crush?" I cooed jokingly.

"No, I mean I don't think she has chakra," he responded seriously. A frown plastered my face.

"That's impossible. You know that!"

"What if she's from the cave?"

"You know we can't talk about that and she can't be! If she was from the cave we should have been able to track her from the Sand Village. She wouldn't end up in the Leaf Village," I said defensively.

"You're right," he said as he looked back at the girl.