Ice Cream Shop

Scott sat with Mitch at an outside table for the local ice cream parlor, humming with his papa as he waited for his daddy to get their ice cream.

"Did you try to talk to anyone?" Mitch asked as he looked down at his son, who sat by his side. "I tried, but then I got scared." Scott mumbled sadly. "There's nothing you need to be scared of." Mitch smiled. Scott just shrugged and looked down at his hands resting on the table.

It wasn't much longer until Avi got out with and ice cream cone and two styrofoam cups. "For my baby," He said before setting one in front of Scott as the boy smiled. "And for my other baby." He said before Mitch kissed him.

Scott ate his ice cream slowly, watching his parents with a smile. "Do you like your teacher, honey?" Avi asked before he looked at Scott. Scott nodded, "He's nice to me." He said softly. "And what was your favorite part of the day, I always loved nap time." Mitch smiled.

Scott shrugged, "I was too scare." He mumbled. "Baby, come here." Mitch said softly, smiling as he watched Scott go to him, pulling his son into his lap with a smile. "Did you bring your toy?" He asked softly. Scott shook his head, "I thought the other kids would pick on me." He said innocently. "We won't let that happen." Mitch smiled. "He's right, Scotty. If someone bully's you, tell us and we'll make sure it stops." Avi added. Scott nodded slowly, "Okay, I love you." He smiled. "We love you too, always will." Mitch whispered as Avi nodded in agreement, and they both meant every word.