After Work

Mitch and Avi met when they were both driving up the driveway. They got out and greeted each other with a hug, holding hands as they walked inside to see Mrs. Anderson holding Scott as he stood on her lap. But the second he saw the two familure faces he started screaming happily and jumping up and down as he reached for them.

"Oh, how was my little Scotty?" Mitch said as he kissed his baby's cheeks. Scott laughed as Mitch continued, then let Mitch hand him over to Avi so he could talk to Kirstie and Mrs. Anderson.

When the family was finally alone, Avi went into the kitchen to cook and Mitch sat with Scott on the couch in the living room. He turned on Teletubbies and bounced Scott on his knees as the infant became obsorbed in the world in the television screen.

Avi sighed and pulled out a pot to place on the stove, smiling when he looked out to see his small, happy family. "Oh, by the way, I was wondering if we could invite Kevin over for dinner some time. He's the only one that hasn't spent much time with us since Scott was born. I don't think he's even met Scott." Avi called. Mitch hummed, "Yeah, I'll call him tomorrow and we can make plans, just let me know your scheduel and we'll work around it." He smiled.

~~~

The three sat at the table quietly, Scott was sitting in a high chair next to Mitch as they ate. He had a small amount of warm meat, potatos, and a sippy cut of apple juice.

"How was work today?" Avi asked kindly as he looked down at his plate. "Oh, good. Pretty long, but that's fine. And yours?" Mitch asked kindly. "It was good. I'm really enjoying it." Avi smiled, feeling relaxed and content. Mitch nodded as they looked at each other, neither noticing Scott pick up a hot piece of meat with his little, chubby hand and place it in his mouth.

Scott cried loudly because it was so hot, gaining the attention of both his parents. "Oh, baby." Mitch whispered as Avi picked him up and rocked him. Scott's face became red and he was crying at the top of his lungs as he put a hand in his mouth. "I forgot it was hot." Mitch whispered before giving Scott the cold apple juice in his sippy cup.

Avi hummed quietly with Mitch as Scott calmed down and drank his juice, making a few soft whines and sniffles as he drank quickly. Mitch smiled and gently combed his fingers through the baby's hair. "That's it. Not so bad now, is it baby?" Mitch whispered as Scott's tears disappeared.