Barbaque

A few weeks later, everyone got their notice in and cleared out their desk. Of course they were angry with Avi, but some of them understood and supported his decision. Then, Avi got to work. He cleared space, moved all the desks out, and hired construction workers to help him knock down a few walls and create a small kitchen.

He had multiple booths lined up near the windows, and the counter where the register was had several seats for people to sit at. As the construction workers rebuilt the inside, Avi had a sign specially made, he got an amazing cook that let him taste test, and he got three waitresses that were all out of highschool and looking for work. Then he got shirts made, they were red, with the name Avi's on the back in yellow. It looked amazing.

About a month in, Avi was ready to open his restraunt and Mitch was there every step of the way with Kirstie and Kevin. Kirstie was even a part time waitress now just to help out Avi. She argued about getting paid, she already got paid well for just sitting at a desk answering phone calls, but Avi refused to let her work without pay.

When they were getting ready for the grand opening, right after Avi's opening speech, the crowd flooded in and every seat was packed. Avi was a little surprised about that, but most of the people there were supportive friends and ex-coworkers of Avi's.

After everyone had been served and was eating, Avi stood behind the counter with Mitch, watching the satisfied looks people were giving. "See that, boss man, they love your place." Mitch smiled before wrapping his arms around Avi's neck.

The place was so busy, Avi and Mitch both decided to help the waitresses take orders. The cook was doing amazing under pressure, he wasn't really affected by it. Avi thinks it's mostly because he was in New York working in a pretty famous delly before he moved here with his family.

Everything was falling into place for the two, people loved Avi's. Some said it was a "definate do-over" some even told Mitch they'd be back. Mitch was proud of Avi for doing this, and he knew that he would continue to do amazing. He also knew now that Avi had a job that was less time-consuming, they could finally start looking for the child they want.

A/N This is Avi's place: