Chapter 19

Warning: Death and really depressing scenes involved. (You have been warned)

Thomas's P. O. V
Be happy, they tell me! It's alright, they say! My soulmate just bloody died, how am I supposed to be happy?! If you soulmate dies in ANY possible way, you will start suffering, dying...
Lexi doesn't want to see me suffer, so that's why I've done this...

*Time skip back at home*
"Thomas, you are not, I repeat NOT Killing yourself!" Eliza demanded as she almost smashed the door down. (she must've heard my earlier conversation with Lexi!)
"Eliza, please... I know, that you know, that Laf knows that -" She grabbed my jumper and yanked me towards her.
"Thomas Jefferson... I know that you will suffer a long an painful death and that your about to end your suffering before it's even begun. But we don't want you to commit suicide, so, I'm making a theory... Why not. This sounds so... Cruel but... get someone else to kill you?" She was just shorter than me and I peeked down to see her eyes blazing with a quenched fire.

Blushing deeply, I averted my gaze only to have her push me away again.
"That seems..." I had never thought of it before and was so thankful she brought up the idea. I wanted to be with him, with Lexi...
"Ok then!" I said casually smiling. Eliza looked down with relief and sighed.
"Thank God!" She giggled, "We just don't want you to kill yourself, you know?" I giggled back and then it hit me, I knew what to do.
"Eliza!" I said with a jolt of excitement cracking through me.
"Yes?" She asked cautiously, still giggling.
I swiftly pulled the cupboard door open to reviel a polished mahogany box with the name 'Jefferson' engraved onto it in pure gold. I clicked open the lock open and pulled out the gun. I chucked it to Eliza, who caught it with ease.
"Shoot me!" I smiled and spread my arms out. Eliza went cold, her smile gained and she became pale, her breathing becoming sluggish and heavy.
"Thomas... What the... What the?"
She stared down at the gun and them back at me.
"I...i can't," she whispered astonishingly, "I can't shoot... you!"
"What? Why not?" I said basically without giving away for one second that on the inside, I was begging for death...

"You...I...I can't KILL my best friend!" Tears began to fall from her eyes and her whole body collapsed to the floor.
"Shhhh..." I kneeled down besides her and wrapped my arms around her waist. I took the gun out of her lap and placed it neatly on the coffee table.
"I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you!" She squeezed me to signify that she accepted my apology. But I jumped when I heard the door slam shut.
"Thomas? Eliza?" I heard Angelica call over-enthusiasticly.
"Um... We're in here..." We both stood and Eliza staggered to the settee, wiping her eyes with her shirt sleeve. "Eliza? What's wrong?" Angelica rushed to Eliza and propped herself up with one knee on the floor, one against the chair. Eliza wearily shook her head and jabbed her finder towards the gun. Laf came over to me and wrapped his arm around me. As soon as he did, I couldn't help it, I just burst into tears. Herc suddenly disappeared but reappeared with tissues, he handed them to Laf who kept feeding them into my hands. We got sat down and everyone surrounded me.
"What ha-" Herc began but Eliza butted in.
"I told him that it would be better if someone else killed him rather than him committing suicide. But then... he told me to...to..." She trailed of and tears were running down her face once again.

"I told her to shoot me..." I spat out suddenly to avoid the pain of each and every blackened and twisted word. They all turned to me and Peggy gasped.
From the corner of my eye, I saw Eliza run her fingers over the smooth, bare metal of the gun and nod.
"Thomas..." She inhaled deeply. I pulled my head up, out of my hands, and replied feebly.
"Mhm?"
"I... I'll do it..." She looked at me lovingly and I smiled back... This was fine the end...

*Time skip and we see Eliza and Thomas, face to face, in the woods near Lexi's house*

Everyone's P. O. V

"I can't do this...Thomas, I can't do this!" Eliza screeched as to be heard over the rain.
"You said you would do this," Thomas paused, "You said you would kill me..."
"I know I did but..." She looked at the ground and blinked heavily as one single tear rolled senselessly to the ground. She looked up again and reluctantly raised her hand to have the gun just level with Thomas.
"Ok... Are you sure about this?" She peered at Thomas who smiled sweetly and nodded in return.
"Here's goes nothing then!" She placed her finger on the trigger as gently as possible, tears balling from her make-up lined face.
"Thomas?" She looked down.
"Yeah?"
She blinked, looked up and smiled, "Your a right git, you know that right!?" She giggled "Oh...and say hi to Lexi for me!"
Thomas giggled and nodded then turned to get into position.
"Ok Eliza, you know what to do!"
She gulped hard and wiped the sweat/rain off of her hairline.
"Un!" Laf proclaimed from the side of the field. John flinched and Peggy wined.
"Deux!" Eliza held the trigger a little bit tighter knowing that there was only one more second left before she pulled the trigger and Thomas left us all. Her breathing became even heavier and she squinted as to avoid seeing herself commit this act of pure evil.
"Trois!" They heard. Laf covered his eyes and Herc pulled him into a reassuring hug. They were going to be just fine. Soulmates forever...
"I'm so sorry..." She pulled the trigger and closed her eyes, she dared open them in fear of what she would see...But Thomas, was no more.

Thomas's P. O. V
"Hello?" I stuttered, unsure of where/who I was.
"Thomas?!" I heard the unmistakable sound of a precious little voice and turned excitedly to see...
"LEXI!" I screamed and threw myself ontop of him.
"I've missed you SO MUCH!" I squeezed him back.
"But... Why are you he-" He did a double-take down, towards the floor. "Eliza... "
He slumped onto the ground and I noticed an angelic tear pass from his eye...
"Thomas? You... You made her kill you?!" He turned abruptly, his face redding with sorrow.
"I didn't want to leave you Lexi, I love you too much!" He hurried towards me and kissed me. His soft lips against mine reminded me of those amazing nights we'd have together, just the two of us... Alone...
We pulled apart and I was about to change the subject when Lexi spoke,
"So then...welcome to Heaven!" We giggled and set off into the light, our wings fluttering soundlessly behind us, soulmates FOREVER...

I guess, Scars do come in handy...
Whether you are born with one like everyone else or have a physical one, an 'operated on' one or even a mental one...
Either way... The one true beauty mark, is your scar...

But it's upto you to decide which one...