Chapter 18

*Time skip 2 Weeks later*

"Lexi? LEXI!"
*sirens screeching and people screaming*
"Please don't leave me!"
*Medical equipment bleeping and there's a blur of motion*
"Alexander! Eliza, look..."
*Flashes of The Schuylers crying and different medical wards*
"A toast... To Alexander, and the hope that he stays with us..."
*MUFFLED clicks of glasses and beer bottles, church bells and praying*
"Mon ami! NON!"
*Flashes in between scenes of all the happy memories (The games night) and all of the sad memories (Madison, Adams and Lee)

*It's silent*

Thomas's P. O. V
"Lexi please, please don't leave me!" Tears poured down my face and into the sunken bed sheets. I held Lexi's hand in my hands. It felt as though it wasn't his, the various tubes and medical equipment that surrounded it made it almost impossible to tell it was his. But I knew it was, not just because he was in front of me...because I knew him like I knew my own mind, with that I picked up his hand and held it close to me.
"Tommy, i..." He started.
"No, shhhh... The nurse said to not put stress on you." I smiled and wiped a painful tear from his cheek with my thumb.
"Oh, I just wanted...to say" His words were bitter, he would be gone soon, I had to savour this last moment with him before he would be there but I wouldn't know it.
"What is it sweetheart?" I spoke in a gentle, calming, lullaby like tone that soothed him with every delicate word.
"I just wanted to say...how much I...i love you and that...I'm gonna miss you more than...you'll ever miss me..." He looked me deep into the soul and stiffened.
"Lexi, I will always miss you..." Tears were constantly scratching down my face as I gazed back...

*time skip and everyone's in the ward*
Everybody's P. O. V
"Alex...Alex please, don't go..." Peggy clung onto the bed sheets as her head lowered, tears pouring off her eyelashes. Eliza's mascara left back smudges down her face as tears tore down the side of it. She held his right hand In hers and Thomas took the left...
"Mon ami..." Lafayette took Eliza's place as Eliza went over to comfort John but it turned out to be the other way around. As Hercules kneeled next to John and Eliza at the foot of the bed, tears falling neatly onto their hoodies Alex turned swiftly.
He smiled soft and wearily as he looked round them all.
"I don't want to leave..." He said regretfully as Thomas raised up to be right next to him, wrapping his arm around his shoulders.
He had been hugging him for a while when, Alex suddenly squeezed Laf's hand and caused him to burst into tears, Laf knew what this meant... It was only a matter of time... So he made the best out of it...

"Un, deux, trois, quatre, cinq, six, sept, huit, neuf..." Laf spoke sweetly, as if to a child, Alex giggled one silent laugh and then followed, trailing behind a bit.
Lafayette smiled weakly "Good, Un, deux, trois, quatre, cinq, six, sept, huit, neuf?"
Alex drifted slowly, "Un... deux... trois..."
The room fell into silence as Thomas' tears ceased for a split second to let him process what had just happened.
"Sept, huit, neuf?" Laf faded out, "Sept, huit..." He hung his head and smashed into silent sobs.
Peggy wouldn't talk, she had her head resting on the bed whilst John was sat next to her, Eliza blubbering on his shoulder, with his eyes fixed upon Thomas. Then, he watched as one single teardrop dripped silently off of Thomas' cheek and to the floor. He got up and went to go get a nurse, Peggy noticed and followed, bereftly holding his hand all the way but not saying one single word.
Thomas let go of Alex's shoulder and slipped loosely back into his seat, but still grasped onto Alex's hand.
"Goodbye," He whispered as he leaned over and kissed Alex's forehead, "We'll see you on the other side!" He smiled as tears began, once again, ripping down his face, killing his happiness forever and leaving a traumatising memoryrooted into his brain. He let go, turning to Eliza and squeezing her lightly. Eliza returned the comforting hug.

He was gone... Alex was...

Gone...