Chapter 5

It was around midday when he finally awoke. His cheeks were stained with dried tears and he still looked traumatised. I woke up hours before, but I didn't want to move in case I woke him (he looks so peaceful when he's asleep!)
"T... Thomas?!" He half whispered,
"What am I... Why am I here?" He looked like a poor abandoned puppy that had lost it's owner although, he never moved from my lap.
He took him a a while to process why he was in my house but eventually, he remembered and (by the look on his face) he didn't like the fact one bit.
" Listen, Tom...er...Jefferson." He said whist sitting up to face me properly, "I would appreciate it if you could maybe...not mention this to ANYONE." His voice trembled as I gazed across at him.
"Believe me Al- erm... Hamilton, I've changed ALOT, I'm nicer now and I would rather die than tell anyone else what happened last night."
I saw his face changing from an 'I  don't trust you' to a 'thanks buddy' face. I returned the favour, he and I just Sat there smiling at eachother for about five minutes before Alex's smile turned into uncontrollable giggling. I tried to hold myself back, I couldn't, I just couldn't! We both burst into silent laughter, both of us not even knowing what was funny.

"I don't even know what's funny!"

We said in perfect unison which sent us laughing again. It was like something out of a fairytale, we were just sat there, former enemies, now laughing together like school children. We finally calmed down enough for the conversation to carry on.

"Hey listen, Thomas...i've been thinking..."

"Yes?" My heart was racing around, going 100mph and so was my mind, did he just call me Thomas? Does this mean I'm his friend? Does he like me? Will I ever make the whole 'hating him in high school' episode, a thing of the past? There wasn't a word for how I was feeling at that precise moment in time:

-Happy?

-Anxious?

-Sad?

-Depressed?

My retched 'fear of the unknown' kicked in and I had to pinch myself to make it look like I wasn't about to collapse in a puddle of varnished emotions.
"what is it?" I asked softly as to not arouse suspicion that I was nervous. When he stopped dead, his smile turned to a neutral trace-like expression. I played with my knuckles edgily when I noticed that he had  peered down at his hands and started messing around with them aswell. I smiled softly, looking relatively calm. I still had to bite my lip to stop me from either laughing or crying.
"I...i forgive you...for everything." I could feel a gush of relief storm over my body. He said, "And I...i think you seem like a really great guy, I want to get to know you more." We both Sat there and blushed.
"Friends?" I said hopefully, reaching my arm out for a handshake. He smiled and giggled,
"Forever!" He took my arm and pulled me into a tight hug. I wasn't really a 'hugging' person so I was hesitant at first but then, returned the favour once again and hugged him back. I knew he was smiling, I could feel it in the atmosphere. I chuckled silently in my head. "Friends with Alexander Hamilton" the voice in my head repeated again and again and again. And the more times it reaped it, the more and more I smiled.
"Would you prefer it if I called you Hamilton or Alexand-?" I questioned softly. But his tight squeeze cut me off.
"Call me Alex" He replied, faintly.
I smiled and hugged him tighter, I felt something for Alex that I never thought I'd feel... Love.

OK guys so, I had SO MUCH FUN writing this tonight (6th) from 10pm to 11pm, (that's early wattpading for me 😂), anyway...I literally Can't Wait to write the next chapter. So, I'll see you guys then, BYE! 💕

"Call me Alex"