Chapter 15

Angelica's P. O. V
I am seriously freaking out right now!
The dark, forboding essence that is death has possessed Alex's mind, now he feels like there is no meaning to life and that no one would care if he died. PLUS, Thomas is spending a week with (one of his) sisters Martha and his close friend Dabney, for their wedding so, I have to sort Alex's 'attempts' out. PLUS, Lafayette seems so quiet and solemn. He's really depressed and there's nothing I can do about it because he won't tell anyone why.
We try to call and text him, Nothing!
We try knocking on the door, Nothing!
We haven't seen him in weeks!
Herc knows why he's so upset but refuses to tell us! To be honest, I think I know what's happened.
PLUS, I have that secret that Charles Lee told me that I'm not meant to tell ANYBODY (not even my sisters!)
But then again, if I did tell anyone that he's dating Samuel Seabury, Sam would probably kill me before Charles even found out!
(Oops! I may have just told you his secret! Oh well! 😂)
I run around trying to keep everyone happy without ever thinking to keep myself happy... I have no love, I have no life...

Lafayette's P. O. V
Tears, what are they? Small? I don't think so! Emotional? Well...
Ever since that day. That horrible, indescribable day that filled me with tears that could never cease, I haven't been me. Angelica tries to cheer me up but, there's no use... My life left with my love...

Alex's P. O. V
I am sick and tired of living a life that I will NEVER benefit from! Angelica is constantly reminding me that I have Thomas to live for, but now he's away. My love's away, my life's away...

Peggy's P. O. V
I hate love! It's Maria, she used to just be friends with me but now she keeps flirting with me and it's SO annoying! I'm constantly being turned around and pinned to a wall by her, kissed by her, stopped and spun into her arms. I... I can't... I have John. I don't want to ruin his life... I can't sacrifice my love for his life...

Thomas's P. O. V
I NEED to know how Lexi's doing, is he ok? Is he going to survive me being away for a couple of weeks? Will he be there when I come back? I am trying to stay positive for him AND my sister. But... I just can't live without my love...

*2 Weeks later*

Thomas's P. O. V
I finally arrived home, but I didn't stay there for long, I had to see him, see if he was...well...alive!
I legged it to his house and knocked tunefully on the door. There was a click, a scream and with that something knocked me to the ground.
"Lexi!" I giggled and hugged him back.
He was smiling, I hadn't seen him smile in AGES and when he did, my heart took off... This was home!
We stood up, he dragged me inside and ushered me to the sofa. I sat beside him precautiously, making sure I never snatched my eyes away from his dazzling gaze. He smiled, brushed the hair from my face and kissed me deeply. I felt lost in our own world, unaware of any situation...until...
We pulled away, or atleast tried to...
I couldn't pull away from him no matter how hard I tried. I opened my eyes to see a look of embarrassment paste its way across Lexi's face.
"Braces!" We both said (or tried to say)
Our braces had intertwined and we couldn't undo them.
"What do we do?!" Lexi suppressed a giggle.
I didn't know how to reply, "Erm...oh, call someone!" We shuffled round so that Lexi could reach his phone and he just called a random contact.
"Hey Alex, what's up?" The voice from the phone asked, we knew that voice all to well.
"Hey John listen, Erm...Me and Thomas are...well Thomas and I are...Hmm...a bit stuck..." He could barely talk because we were stuck to close together but (luckily) John just understood what he said.
"How are you stuck?"
"Erm...promise you won't laugh?" Lexi looked down at his phone.
"Yeah, I promise I won't laugh" I rolled my eyes, "Yeah right." I whispered tauntingly under my breath. Lexi chuckled.
"You see John...well...our...um...our braces are...um...stuck together..."
Silence.
Then, "Ah, right, ok, I'll get Angelica and we'll come over to sort you out, ok?" His voice racing to stop him from laughing.
"OK!" With that Lexi hung up and we just sat there sniggering and giggling as we waited.
"Trust us to get our braces stuck together!" I saw Lexi blush and my heart, skipped a beat...