Chapter 7

There was a deadly award silence for a while before Angelica beckoned Peggy to sit next to her. Angelica said softly so that it seemed like she never said anything at all.
"So that's where you went Peggy, we thought you decided not to come." Peggy blushed deeply, her eyes darted towards John then back at her sister.
"She just came...as a friend" John was trying to come up with a sensible explination. The room went back to silence until...there was a noise, an ear splitting crack. The unmistakable sound of thunder.
"W....what was...t..that?!" Alex was starting to panic.
"Oh no, not again!" I shuffled over to him and wrapped my arm around his shoulder to give him some comfort. I thought to myself, maybe if I give him some comfort now, he'll calm down quicker. (That and...i HATE to see him upset!)
I think all three of the Schuylers jumped at the next crash. John must have seen Peggy flinch because he quickly got up and snapped the curtains shut, I followed and locked the door so that we couldn't here the rain. That's when Herc flicked on the radio as to drown out the sound of the rain. Laf went to comfort Alex. He wrapped his arms around him and hugged him, he whispered in French.

"Mon ami ne vous inquiétez pas, nous sommes ici pour vous. Je sais que les tempêtes apportent des souvenirs dévastateurs mais, vous n'avez pas besoin d'avoir peur quand vous êtes avec nous. Nous serons TOUJOURS là pour vous!"
(My friend don't worry we are a here for you. I know that storms bring back devastating memories but, you have no need to be afraid when you are with us. We will ALWAYS be there for you! - Or something like that... It's not precise-)
Alex smiled and looked up at Laf, who returned the favour.

*time shift*

It was about 10 when the film finished and we had no more games to play. So we...improvised.
"Who wants to play truth or dare?" Alex said all of a sudden, he was layed across my lap in such a sweet way although he did make me jump, I thought he would've fallen asleep by now!
"Alex! You scared me!" Eliza said through laughter, which then set Angelica off. Herc and Laf turned to eachother and burst out laughing, I could feel Alex laughing and it made me laugh. Peggy was trying desperately not to laugh and John was biting his lip but eventually they both just couldn't try any longer and burst into laughter. We were all just sat there laughing all because Alex made us jump.
It took a long time for us to calm down and we just kept smiling but we proceeded with truth or dare.
"OK then, truth or dare?" Alex giggled to Peggy.
"Oh, come on! Ok then, dare!" Peggy said reluctantly.
We huddled around to agree on what to dare her.
"I dare you to kiss John" Alex tried cover up a giggle.
"ALEX! Peggy's just my fr-" He was cut off by Peggy whipping him around to face her and deeply kissing him.