Chapter 14

Lafayette's P. O. V
I woke up late, again! I seem to wake later and later everyday (I bet some of Herc's habits are rubbing off on me).
I checked my phone to see if I had any messages.
"Sacré bleu!" I most dropped my phone in shock.
So many messages from so many different people whilst I was (still) asleep, how is this possible? Oh right, I'm friends with Alexander Hamilton!

Hamilham Guys! I've lost the will to live!

Raiseaglass No offence Lexi but... YOU SAY THAT EVERY FRICKIN' DAY!

Spyontheinside True! Wait, Alex...

Hamilham Yeah?

Spyontheinside You DO realise that Thomas is on this group chat aswell?!

Hamilham Oh sh*t! What do I do?! If he reads these, I'll literally burst out crying!

Raiseaglass Calm down Lexi, we'll sort something out! OK?

Hamilham Thanks guys, I can always rely on you!

Largebaguette What is going on? Mon ami, pourquoi as-tu perdu la volonté de vivre? (MY friend, why have you lost the will to live?)

Hamilham Je ne sais pas, Lafayette, je ne sais pas! (I don't know, Lafayette, I just don't know!)

Whatdidimiss The username says it all! Wtf is going on?! L...Lexi?

Hamilham Thomas, it's not you! It's just everything else that makes me feel like I'm worthless I don't deserve you or the others, I'm NOTHING!

Largebaguette Mon ami, you are something special, do not think, for one second, that your nothing!

Hamilham But... Madison said...

Whatdidimiss That obnoxious, arrogant, loud-mouth twirp again! Listen Lexi, I told you, Stay away from that son-of-a-bitch!

Raiseaglass Thomas! I thought he was your friend?

Largebaguette Oui?

Whatdidimiss No! NEVER! (well never... Again) he was horrible to Lexi and that's all that matters!

Hamilham News flash Tommy, he's STILL horrible to me! And that's what makes me feel this way...

Largebaguette That's it, I'm coming over to comfort you mon ami!

Raiseaglass On my way!

Whatdidimiss Me too!

Spyontheinside Me three!

With that, I chucked a t-shirt and some jeans on, slipped my phone into my pocket and legged it to his house. I was about half-way there when I met up with my bf.
"Herc!" I giggled and waved, he waved back but with a sense of regret. His arms opened wide and I flung myself into them, wrapping my legs around his waist. He kissed me softly, which made me realise, he was hiding something. I swiftly hopped down and took his hands. I held them to my chest, something told me this might be the last lime I ever got to do that.
"W...what's wrong peti pois?" (small pea).
He sighed and turned his back on me, unearthing himself from my grasp.
"Laf, I...i don't know how to tell you this...but..." I could hear the desperation in his trembling voice rising dramatically. Tears were streaming down my face before he even told me, I knew what he wanted to tell me, he just couldn't say it...
I could see tears showering down his cheeks, unable to cease when he finally turned around again.
"Laf...it...it's just... You... And I..." I interrupted, I had to, rather than see him suffer.
"It's over, isn't it?" My accent seemed to have slipped away from me as those words choked me to death.
"I...i'm so, SO sorry!" He pulled me into a tight squeeze and kissed my forehead. He was no longer mine! I couldn't believe it! As I watched his shadow fade ghost-like across the fields, i felt a rush of guilt surge through me and decided to go back home (it would be for the best).

Largebaguette Sorry mon ami, can't make it. I have...alot of work to do...

Raiseaglass Awww!

Hamilham Oh, ok... You OK?

Largebaguette Yeah, sure...why wouldn't I be?!