Chapter 50 - Battle Finals

She is the exclamation mark in the happiest sentence that I could ever write.
Val's P.O.V.

Should I call her ?

I don't know what to do. She kissed me. She kissed me. Holy fuck.

But then again...she was drunk when she kissed me. Drunk people do stupid things. I kissed her when I was drunk... and it was stupid. It was a stupid mistake.

But wasn't I sober this time? Why did I kiss her back then ?

Fuck.

The kiss has been messing with me since a week now. Whenever I look at her, all I can think about is the kiss.

The kiss.

It was amazing. I don't even have words to describe it. It was so beautiful, so good,...and just plain amazing. I honestly can't describe it. But it was the best kiss I have ever had.

Look at you. Thinking so much about a kiss. My conscience snickered.

I immediately snapped back to reality. I cant let one silly kiss get to me. I have had plenty before. This was stupid. Why did she have to get drunk even? Wasn't she planning on staying sober ?

It was mistake. Just a fucking mistake.

Forget about it.

I am going to call her now. She picked up after the second ring itself, which I didn't expect.

"Val....hey." She said in a small voice.

Her voice has always been enchanting. It is confident, clear, and very pleasant to the ears. Right now though, she doesn't sound so confident.

"Hey. Are you free this Saturday?" I asked, coming straight to the point.

There was a pause. Then there was some crackling, before I heard her sigh heavily.

"I.... umm, I have some things planned with the girls." She replied hesitantly.

"Well, then cancel. We're going to tick of the next item, off T.R.A.P." I replied.

"I... I can't cancel Val." She replied meekly. What is the matter with her? Is she okay? Why is she acting so weirdly?

Something is wrong.

"Why? We don't have all the time in the world to do it." I said, my voice coming out irritated.

She mumbled something quickly under her breath. I could quite catch it.

"I didn't get a word of what you said Dory. Repeat. Louder. And slower." I said slowly.

"I have a date Val." She repeated.

What the actual fuck?

She has a date? I clenched and unclenched my fist, feeling my heart beat start to quicken. I looked down at my hands.

Deep nail marks were dug into my palms.

Why?

"You have a date with the girls?" I laughed, hoping that she couldn't detect my uneasiness. She can't be going on a real date. No. She shouldn't go out on a date.

She should spend her time with me on Sunday.

"Umm. No. With Nate." She said, her voice cracking.

"Nate? Oh...Alright. Bye." I said, cutting the call abruptly.

How on earth can she even think of dating other guys, after that kiss we shared? I mean it was so good. Too good. How the fuck is she acting like nothing happened? The kiss...it was....I cant believe I am thinking this...but...it was magical.