Chapter 45- Who Runs The World? Girls.

"We have calcium in our bones, and iron in our veins,

carbon in our souls, and nitrogen in our brains.

We are 93% stardust, with souls made of flames,

we are all just stars who have people names."

Cover by the amazinggg @Khairo123

Chapter 45 - Who Run The World? Girls.

"Bye Mr Parkinson, hope to see you soon." Said Val with a smile, that made my heart somersault.

"Reece my boy! How many times do I have to tell you, call me Marcus! And shouldn't you both be leaving now?"He said smiling, his eyes twinkling.

"Yes we should Marcus." He said looking at his watch, but not before adding a "Bye guys, see you around." as he looked at Alex and Austin.

Alex gave him a smile, and said,"Bye man. Come over again."

Whyy ?

Why should he come over again?

What's wrong with these people ?

However, my trusty twin, just glared at him.

Thank you Austin. I guess you're the only one who loves me.

After a minute of deliberation, he too, said,"Bye dude." With a fist bump.

Wow. Since when did they enter the "fist bump" phase ??

That's acceptance in the bro code!

Betrayed.

Betrayed is what I feel right now.

I stood in the corner, sulking, as I watched this small exchange that unfolded before me. I watched as they merrily chatted.

It was an hour ago, yes, an hour ago, when my family officially met Val for the first time. Dad had entered with an intimidating look on his face, Alex and Austin flanking his sides. Any other guy would pooping his pants at the sight of the three of them with their tall selves and intimidating stares, but Val had maintained his cool. Val was as tall as my Dad and Alex, while Austin was half an inch shorter. The four of them were in a stare off, for a sometime, Val not once wavering his gaze.

"Morning, sir. My name is Reece, Reece Cahill. Its nice to meet you." He said, finally, not signing off the stare off.

Dad looked him up and down, eyeing him suspiciously. "What are you doing here?"

"I am here to pick your daughter up."Val replied, confidently.

"Why?" Alex asked, glaring at him.

"The gang is spending the holiday at my family lakehouse. Ooh... So that's where we're going. "...Dory..."

"Woah woah, hold up. You are on nickname basis now?" Austin exclaimed.

"Wait. Let me guess." Dad rubbed his chin. "She told you the Getting Lost with the Dory Hat on story?" He chuckled.

"Yes." Val grinned slightly. "Had a good laugh at that one."

"I know right!" Dad snorted. "I mean, how can someone run off to get more Finding Nemo stuff, when you already have a ton of it, and get lost, at the age of 11!"

"Eleven?! She told me she was..." Val asked surprised.

"She doesnt like to admit that at 11 she did something as silly as running off into the crowd. She tends to tell that she was 6 when she did that." Dad guffawed. Even Alex was smiling.