Chapter 48-Your Fly is Open

"You're so used to your features, that you don't know how beautiful you look to a stranger."

Aubrey's P.o.V

"I can't believe you all did this for me." I gushed.

"That's alright Rey. You know I can do anything to make you happy." Announced Leo and as expected, was greeted by glares.

"Are you for real?"Questioned Kiara, with an eye roll.

"I understand sweetheart. It must be really tough to believe that this level of hotness exists." Retorted Leo with a smirk, causing Ian to cough, probably at the term of endearment used.

Before their banter could continue, I cut in," Also. Thank you so so much for making Nate, a part of this plan. I'm sure all of you know that Nate is a close friend of mine, but don't actually know how. So, Nate and my friendship, goes a long way back. Our parents are friends, and we know each other since we were tiny. We became best friends really soon, but sadly, Nate and his family had to move away soon after. We kept in touch through social media, but this is the first time, were meeting after sooo many years, and that became possible only because of you guys. So thank you so much." I ended.

"You are welcome Rey Rey. I am glad you had fun." Nate hugged me, and I hugged him back.

After we pulled apart, Astrid spoke up and said,"Okay, can we eat the food already ?I am starving."

"Yes. But first...the cake!!"Ian said, and then him and Archer produced a big box from behind them, and then put it on the table.

I hurried over to the table and started taking of the tape that held the box together. I love cakes okay?
Well...who doesn't ?

As soon as I flung the lid back, a silence fell over all of us.

"Wow." I breathed.

"Holy cake." Celeste gasped.

"Man....that is one perfect piece of art." Chris muttered.

"Yeah...lets demolish it." I said excitedly.

They quickly lit the candles, which I blew out and then cut the cake, while the others sand Happy Birthday in loud obnoxious voices, Leo hitting the highest notes, attracting attention of the people all over the restaurant.

We all decided to try the chocolatey goodness at the same time. It was Chocolate truffle one....and I love anything chocolate.

"1..2...3.." And we all took a bite.

We fell in silence.

As soon as I had registered the gooey and sweet deliciousness in my mouth, I quickly piled a few more pieces in my plate, while the others were still blown away by its taste. I had a feeling that as soon as everyone will regain their senses, the 77th Hunger Games were going to start over the cake.
______________________

I am currently sitting between Nate and Celeste, not bothering about who is saying what, because I'm busy hogging the best cheeseburger I've ever had.

Astrid between bites of her own asked,"Guys. Where were you during the floating lights ceremony ?"

"Yea man. It was beautiful. You should've seen it." Added Ian.