Chapter Eighteen

The Next Morning

Chyna Korea Santiago Jones

I woke up the next morning and felt really happy. I didn't know exactly know why I was feeling this way. I hope that it was from going on my date with Trey the other day. We only went out for one night and the spark couldn't be in there already. My stomach was filled with butterflies. I got out of bed and went downstairs because someone had knocked on the door. I opened it and it was the least person who I would expect to see after weeks.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I asked folding my arms.

"I know that you are mad and but at least let me explain myself." Kimberly said.

"Explain yourself how? You are nothing but a man-stealer. You do everything in your power to ruin people's lives. It's kind of pathetic that way anyways." I said.

"I know. But to tell you the truth, Tremaine was the first guy who ever respected me and ever talked to me like I wasn't a smut or a hoe. He thought of me as a normal person and I wanted him because I never had that in my life." Kimberly explained.

"He always had to see the best in people." I said.

"Yea, but I guess he learned to see the best in people from you because you see the best in people from time to time. I see that I've caused you more than enough pain already and I'm sorry." Kimberly said.

"It's ok I guess. I mean we took it too far when we had that fight." I said.

"Yea, tell me about it." Kimberly said scratching the back of her head.

"Well thanks for coming over, I'll see at school on Friday." I said.

"Yea, see you at school." Kimberly said.

I slowly closed the door and watched Kimberly walk away from my house. My heart was beating fast when she came at my door. I thought that she was going want to fight again. And this bitch wasn't about to get anymore bruises not after the last time. I started going back upstairs and then my doorbell rang again, I turned back around and saw Kate at my door with dried mascara like she had been crying.

Kate "Sushi" Rodriguez

"Oh my god, Kate what happened?" Chyna asked.

"I need to talk to someone." I said.

"Yea of course, of course...come in." Chyna said.

"Thanks." I said walking in the house and sitting on the couch. Chyna came and sat next to me wondering. "So what happened?" she asked.

"I don't know how to explain this but......but last night I get a call. I answered it and it ended up being Hakeem." I started out.

"Hakeem? What the hell did he want now?" Chyna asked.

"It wasn't even like that. He was calling me from Honey Hill prison." I said. Chyna's eyes widen at the name Honey Hill she was thinking the same thing that I thought last night. "I know right." .

"Why is Hakeem in Honey Hill prison, one of the most dangerous and brutal prisons out here in California?" Chyna asked.

"That's the thing, I don't exactly know. Hakeem called and said to come see him because there were some important things that he had to tell me." I said. 

"Did you go?"  Chyna asked eagerly.

"Of course I did. I mean I couldn't exactly say no because he was in prison and it would've been rude of me not to obey his command." I said.

"So what happened?" Chyna asked.

"He told me that he was sorry for the way he treated me and how our break up messed him up. And that's why he was in jail in the first place." I said.