Chapter One

Chyna Korea Santiago Jones

Kate, Stephanie, and I were on the line for our schedules, dorm rooms, and roommates. I was praying that I was bunked with at least one of them. But as I signed my name, I felt a lump all up in my throat. I grabbed my schedule and walked away upstairs to my dorm. I found out that my roommate's name is Kasey. Oh great! This is someone that I will need to get along with for the next year or 4.

I separated myself from Stephanie and Kate and went up to my new dorm. It was still a shock that I was even going to college or the fact that I'm in college. I entered my dorm room and some guy was laying down on one of the beds. He jumped up as soon as he saw me. I slammed the door behind me and just stared.

"Who are you?" I asked rudely.

"I'm Kasey, your roommate." He said.

"You are my what?" I questioned.

"Your roommate." He said again.

I hesitated on saying anything to him. My stomach became nauseous and I started breathing heavily. It wasn't that I was shocked that Kasey was my new roommate, but that Kasey wasn't a girl, but he was a guy. I had to admit that he was very, very, very cute. I folded my arms and sat on my bed. Kasey sat along with me and we began a very interesting conversation.

Tremaine Neverson

Hakeem and I were at the cafe on the campus eating some burgers and fries. We were really hungry after the long drive from Miami to here in California. But all Hakeem could talk about was this party tonight. We were only here for a few hours and he already wants to party already.

"Are you coming or what?" Hakeem asked.

"I don't want to go!" I said.

"Why not?" Hakeem questioned.

"Because I just don't want to. I'm not in the mood for parties or anything right now. I just want to stay in for tonight." I said.

"Why the fuck are you lying to yourself? Is this about Chyna?" Hakeem asked.

"No!" I said.

"Look dude, I know you guys's break up was hard, but you gotta get over that. There are plenty of girls out there that you can have a connection with." Hakeem said.

"Really? Let's talk about you and Kate then." I said.

"This isn't about me. It's about you and Chyna." Hakeem said.

"Whatever." I said.

Hakeem sighed in anger and just left the table. I forcefully threw my burger on my plate and sat back in my seat. I was so pissed off. Maybe Hakeem was right. I needed to find a way to get over Chyna. But it's so hard for someone like Chyna to move on from, and I just hope I can at least try. 

I got up from my table and just heading up to my dorm room. I laid on my bed and just rested for a while to take my mind off of things.

*** ***

Chyna Korea Santiago Jones

Kasey and I have been chatting throughout the whole day about everything. Everything except past relationships. I wanted to avoid it, before I could get comfortable about opening up to anyone I hardly know. 

"So why did you come to USC?" Kasey asked.

"I like photography and art. So I'm an art major." I said "You?"

"Just exploring my options and what not." Kasey said smiling.

"Really?" I questioned. "What makes you say that?"