Chapter Thirty-Five

Start from the beginning

   "I understand..." Spencer said angrily.

   "Do you?" Drake questioned.

   "Yes."

   "Than tell me how they are so connected."

   Spencer opened her mouth only to close it back. Her frown softened.

   "There are so many kinds of bonds out there. For werewolves there are only a few specifics."

   "An Alpha to their pack," Spencer stated. Drake nodded. "Being mated."

   "And..."

   "A Kinship that bounds two together as a lifelong partnership." Spencer sucked in a breath.

   "They are bond together...unable to break ties if they tried. They hurt together." Drake sighed. "It was so hard for Val to let Marisa go the first time."

   "I'm sorry." Spencer shook her head. "I'm just scared."

   "You and I both." Drake came over, pulling Spencer into a hug. "Your my friend. My sister. I don't like seeing you hurt or scared."

   "I'm just being overly emotional."

    "No." Drake shook her head. "You are being protective of your mate."

   With that, Spencer smiled. She wasn't expecting Spencer to say that. It made her smile. "I do love this crazy; annoying woman." Spencer blew out. "God, she infuriates me so much."

   "Oh...I know."

   They both laughed. After a while, they grew silent. Drake lingered with Spencer not wanting to leave her alone to stare at Marisa. When Marisa did wake up, she might be startled back into her coma state with how much Spencer was hovering

~

Marisa

   "I feel like we've been killing the dead for hours," Val whispered between wasted breath. Where ever they were; breathing was not required.

   "Yeah." Marisa stood up, looking down at the dead, that nearly caught her as chow.

   "I thought I could just release your Fae half and you'd be free."

   "Thanks for making it your suicide mission. Lovely," Val hissed out. My mates are going to kill me...if not you first."

   Marisa rolled her eyes. "I was trying to save your ass."

   "I didn't--" Val sighed. "Okay. I needed you. But...not at the risk of losing your own life. How do you think it would have been for me to wake up to Spencer's gawking eyes."

   "Gawking?" Marisa repeated, surprised by Val's word choice.

   "Yes." Val smirked. "With Spencer...that's exactly what it would have been."

   Glancing around at their scenery; the sky was a murky grey and black. There was no moon in the sky. No stars. Almost like the sky was covered in thick dark smoke. The air was near freezing temperatures. As they spoke, fog lit out like cigarette smoke blowing out from their mouths.