Chapter Seven

Marisa

Watching the steam come out of her friend, Marisa stood behind her in support as they walked up the steps. Last time Marisa been at the Fae Kingdom, as it was called; she was attacked by vampires. Like a impending gloom, she waited for those dead vampires to float around, haunting her. It was never a feeling to look forward to.

Pierce stood at the double doorway, feeling her daughters anxiety long before their arrival. "What is it?"

"Not out here." Val sighed, looking about on guard as if the enemies they had not too long ago would pop back out like before. When none came, she took a deep breath reminding her wolf she, her mates, and cubs were safe beside her.

Pierce guided Val and the rest into the hall. Where a huge throne like chair use to rest was now replaced with a huge round oak wood table. Each chair was equal size.

Marisa looked around naturally curious by the new decorations throughout hall. Wall's had a new creamy paint with artwork hung up. Her admiration was cut shut by Val's abrupt words. "Ronan. You remember him?"

Holding both hands out, Pierce told Val to take a deep breath. Val was so riled up she hadn't noticed, her claws out and ears slightly curved into a shifting route. Her wolf was close to the surface. All the Fae in the Hall stood nervous and unsure of what to do.

Pierce took in her daughter, briefly scanning everyone else. Allira and Drake stood with a cub each; Spencer in the middle with their third.

It did not sit well with Marisa how scared Spencer seemed leaning closer to Drake. If anyone could make her feel safe, Drake was a good choice. Remembering that Drake was an Omega, it made Marisa smile. Being an Omega was a life that gave mild privacy. She could literally sense all's emotions and thoughts and change feelings of others to a better mood. Just the thought of all that responsibility was so exhausting.

The clearing of someone's throat in Marisa's ear made her jolt. She faced the pesterer. When her eyes noticed the new familiar dead face she groaned. "Damn you."

Everyone looked back at Marisa concerned.

Frowning, Val grunted. "Don't tell me he's fucking here right now?"

Apologetically, Marisa frowned as if embarrassed. It's not like she had control over this new life placed before her.

"You are in love with that woman?" The ghost; a.k.a Val's great grandfather, Ronan pointed to Spencer. "I remember her as a child. Her parents. It's been many years since I saw her smile. Want to be...happy, since your first arrival."

Marisa tried hard to ignore Ronan. She kept her eyes forward.

"Is this about Marisa being a Shaman?" Kathleen asked.

"She is in love with you too. I can tell." Marisa gritted through teeth as Ronan seemed to ignore her uncomfortable stance. She wished she could cast him away with just the thought. "When you left the pack four months ago, I tried shouting for you to stay. You were weak and insensitive to leave."

"If you can shut up," Marisa snarled out. When everyone turned to Marisa wide eyed, she smiled apologetic. This was going to happen often, Marisa realized. She hadn't paid attention to the fact that everyone was in the conversation Val was leading until her outburst.

Looking to Spencer first, Marisa tried not to reaction from her concerned glance.

"You think the ghost she saw..."

Marisa lifted her index finger up, cutting into the conversation. "I am currently..."

"Do you now agree that you are Shaman?" Ronan asked.